Meet The Team
Modern, cloud native applications represent the emerging trend of building software as a distributed system. Containers have emerged as a common method to package these applications with Kubernetes as defacto choice for container orchestration. Application development teams and operational teams need new platforms to effectively build, run, and manage these new applications that come with the right set of platform services (e.g., flexible storage options, GPUs, monitoring, observability) at scale across a variety of private, hybrid and public cloud infrastructures.
In this role as a Technical Product Manager, you will define, create, and deliver platforms and solutions to market that enable customers with modern application infrastructure platform and value add services delivering both VMs and Kubernetes based container platform services as part of private/hybrid cloud deployments. This role is with our unified compute platform (UCP) infrastructure portfolio group.
You will be responsible for defining requirements, delivering to market, and evangelizing the core platform and value add ecosystem integrations and services (for both operations teams and application development groups) to make the platform a differentiated offering in the market. You want to enable developers and Kubernetes platform operators with key features/solutions and simple UX experience to support their efforts to bring new application services to market and while ensuring those services meet SLAs.What You Will Be Doing
Define and execute strategy and roadmaps around a platform, software and services that enable a superior Kubernetes/containers related platform and ecosystem for hybrid cloud deployments using best of breed technology from internal development efforts, Hitachi group companies and partners.
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Engage with prospects and customers to discover underlying business drivers, identify challenges and new potential solution/services for dev and ops teams, devise solutions, bring to market and demonstrate capabilities.
- You'll work closely with engineering/solution engineering and program management to drive all phases of the product/solution development lifecycle and bring them to market on a regular basis.
- Be the subject matter expert sharing knowledge, evangelize and drive awareness and adoption of solutions into market leveraging various sales enablement and communication channels such as webinars, blogs, YouTube videos, presentations, speaking engagements at industry conferences, whitepapers, hands-on live demonstrations, etc.
- Manage lifecycle of existing offerings; as well as successfully bring new extensions or solutions from conceptualization phase to successful adoption. Manage multiple products / solutions in parallel.
- You will work with various cross functional teams to support and enable a strong go to market approach and enable sales and technical experts in closing opportunities.
- 5+ years of industry experience in Solution Product Management/Technical Evangelism or related experience driving product, platform, or solutions into application ecosystems.
- Prior experience/domain knowledge with Kubernetes, cloud native technologies and modern application lifecycle is preferred. Additional experience with developer tooling, infrastructure software, networking, converged and hyperconverged or SaaS/cloud management platforms is a plus.
- Prior experience with technology stack ecosystem with VMware, RedHat or other VM/Kubernetes distributions preferred. Familiarity with public cloud services enabling application outcomes within AWS, Azure, GCP container offerings is a plus.
- Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion, urgency, energy, dedication, and unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field. Advanced degree in technical or business field
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making without complete information
- Excellent communication skills across both technical and business audiences
- This position is optimally located in Western US but flexibility in location. HQ is Santa Clara, CA
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge