Meet our Team
The Renewal Sales organization sits at the intersection of Sales and Services and is a critical part of the retention strategy for our customer base. The Renewals Sales Specialist is responsible for retaining customers through the delivery of a renewed maintenance contract. What you'll be doing
The Renewals team is responsible for driving renewal revenue through customer engagement and for meeting/exceeding sales targets for all annuity renewals within an assigned geography or customer base. The Renewals Specialist will maintain a solid understanding of the Hitachi Vantara Services portfolio and renewals process, and collaborate with the field product Sales team on sales strategies, identifying sales opportunities, and generating services quotes in order to drive the renewal rate. The Renewals Specialist will work directly with customers and Customer Service & Support staff to identify service needs and qualify customers for potential up-sell opportunities. The Renewals Specialist will communicate with a variety of internal stakeholder teams including IT, Procurement, C-level executives, and other key decision makers as designated in support of the renewals process and uncovering areas of potential value add. Interactions may include participation in cross-functional meetings, and supplying ongoing support as needed.
Seeking to build strong relationships and trust with existing customers across industry sectors such as retail, finance, manufacturing and public sector.
What you bring to the team
- Meet and/or exceed quarterly targets for bookings, on-time renewals and overall renewals.
- Manage the opportunity pipeline from week to week while providing accurate and timely updates to management on progress and outlook on the renewal forecast.
- Develop a deep expertise and understanding of Hitachi Vantara's Maintenance and Support Programs, Software License Agreements, Service Terms & Conditions, service offerings, and services pricing and negotiating renewals.
- Research customer contracts and purchasing history in Hitachi Vantara's various customer management systems in order to create timely and accurate renewal quotations for the strategic enterprise accounts.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with business partners in sales, legal, finance, etc. to resolve issues raised by customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Marketing, IT or related field highly desirable
- Working in renewals or a background in sales or sales support
- Strong numeracy skills, including intermediate or better familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Experience in operating in an (external) customer facing environment (telephone/email based)
- Strong proficiency with computers (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Oracle, Siebel)
- Be an independent "self-starter" who's able to take charge of the role, scope and commence projects
- Must have the flexibility to work overtime during quarter-ends when needed
- Hands on experience with industry standard CRM applications a plus (Salesforce.com)
- English and German is a must
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge