Our Mechanical Engineering team never designs the same machine twice. You will be challenged to think outside the box and solve practical problems with no standard solution. As a lead member of a project team, you’ll work alongside our Applications, Controls, and Build teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry you never thought possible.
What You’ll Do:
- Works closely with Manufacturing, Controls Engineering and Project Management to follow a project from its inception thru the MEGA 2, release for build, provides support after this point.
- Review and ensure SOW is being followed.
- Prepare RFQ content for MD portion of RFQ, hand off to PM and purchasing.
- Review lessons learned from previous projects and incorporate for future programs.
- Supports maintenance of METL.
- Ensures DFE tracking is up to date.
- Conducts design review meetings for internal, as well as outsourced, designs.
- Attend all customer and supplier project reviews.
- Maintain project design schedule by monitoring project progress.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure project is within budget.
- Support PM with updates to Open Issues.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Support PM on project cost to complete (CTC).
- Support the DFE’s that equipment being started up and commissioned operates in accordance with the approved customer specification; interprets engineering drawings and specifications to develop and provide equipment installation instructions which are compliant with site installation requirements.
- Conducts all phases of MEGA buy offs thru MEGA 2 and ensures DFE sheets are up to date and that the timelines reflect the progress.
- Responsible for coordinating any kits that need to be completed after integration and install at the GM plant.
- Reviews and approves all mechanical engineering drawings prior to final release for build and to data bank, ensuring compliance for customer buyoff.
- Ensures that Esys products and services continue to be the benchmark within the industry.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Esys Core Beliefs.
- Demonstrates a commitment to safe work practices while on Esys or the customer’s premises.
- Support SFMEA, G-Risk, METL & PM Tasking activities.
- Support Torque Team with sourcing specialty torque tools.
- Providing vendors with toque tool information as determined by the customer.
- Submits purchase req’s for project standard care equipment (Torque guns & riveters) as well as specialty torque tools not covered in tool specific TIS whether being handled internally or with vendors.
- Other duties as assigned
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- 5+ years of machine design experience on CAD system and/or Pro engineer basic and advanced assembly training; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!