Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
This position is responsible for closing the General Ledger whose function is to provide general accounting service for the countries served. The objectives of the General Ledger Accounting is to ensure that the local field finance and Corporate have the reliable financial information to make effective business decisions and complies with all Generally Accepted Accounting Principles both US GAAP & local GAAP, external reporting requirements and Corporate accounting policies and practices.Responsibilities
• Deliver general accounting services to i.e. preparing accounting voucher, monthly fixed assets and general ledger close, monthly reporting, balance sheets analytics and reconciliations, etc
• Maintain accounting process to comply with US GAAP, local GAAP - if applicable and statutory requirements - if applicable and safeguard company assets e.g. account analysis, reconciliation, etc
• Proposed improvement of the existing process to standardize, simplify, shorten, automate, centralize and share the best process to increase the consistency, transparency & productivity (effective and
• Assist to meet external audit for Local GAAP statutory reporting requirement including coordinate audit requirement and prepare financial statement, notes to financial statements.
• Assist to meet Local GAAP statutory tax returns requirement including providing the relevant backups, preparation of tax return, assisting to respond to local tax authority queries.
• Ensure completion and submission of quarterly schedules and reported timely and accurately.
• Ensure compliance with US SOX requirements on general ledger accounting.
• Participate global initiative improvement projects to contribute / share and learn best practice with other Regions.
• Adapt positively and immediately to provide necessary support and service for the regulatory keeping changing requirement.
• Prepare and delivery of the quarterly US GAAP tax packages.
• Other ad hoc assignment from managementQualifications
• Minimum 3 to 5 years as a qualified accountant with Financial Accounting experience especially period closing in a Financial Shared Services Centre environment with excellent proficiency in accounting standards. Candidate with audit experiences are highly welcome to apply.
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting or Professional accounting degree (ACCA, CIMA, AIA) -member
• Experience in working with multiple countries and cultures and probably dealing with Corporate & Regional office.
• Experience in developing and maintaining accounting policies, procedures, systems and internal controls.
• Fluent in English and Mandarin. Proficiency in other Asian languages will be an added advantage. SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/PERSONALITY TRAIT
• Possess self-starter and self-finisher mentality with ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Have strong analytical skills with high competency in accounting knowledge and put attention to details.
• Is knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications of Excel, PowerPoint and Words and familiar with Oracle Financial.
• Have good interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to listen and respond to other's points of view in a respectful manner.
• Possess high level of confidence and assertiveness in communication especially with leaders
• Have ability to work well in a team environment with a wide variety of personnel from multiple disciplines and cultures
• Is knowledgeable in SOX compliance
• Be open communicator, inquisitive and not afraid to challenge "status quo"
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.