Meet The Team
The Hitachi Vantara Content Portfolio product management team is looking expand our team directing Hitachi Vantara's industry leading Object Storage Product Manager.
This is a challenging position requiring passion to continuously deliver highly innovative, object storage software and appliance technologies to the market. You will be joining a very experience team of product managers, offering you an opportunity to make critical contributions to our product set's direction while growing your product management experience, expertise, and career path.What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Managing entire product life cycle from strategic planning to EOL.
- Analyzing and reporting on product sales data.
- Specifying product requirements by conducting research supported by customer feedback and working with all geography leaders and their teams to integrate feedback and business requirements. Ensuring the right blend of trade-offs to maximize the product impact in the marketplace, considering competition, time to market, costs, and internal capabilities.
- Working closely with all internal groups to ensure successful product roll-out and on-going internal and external 3rd-party certifications/qualifications as required.
- Championing and making decisions that shape new directions for product line.
- Preparing and presenting the strategic business plan to any audience, including executives, industry analysts and customers.
- Educating other teams on technical and business benefits of Hitachi Vantara's object storage product family, with a focus on the sales and pre-sales organizations.
- Keeping abreast of the market, our competitors, customer requirements and the available products. Assist with strategy setting regarding the market segment.
- Analyzing and executing potential partner relationships for the product line.
- Ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree in computer science and a graduate degree in business. Direct experience in software engineering is very valuable.
- Ability to analyze the financial condition of the business and provide high-quality monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports for executives. Being adept with MS Excel is valuable.
- An awareness of, and eagerness to learn, object storage technologies as well as storage related trends related to data analytics and IoT use cases.
- Understanding and experience with server hardware technology. Storage HW experience a plus.
- Solid presentation and communication skills with an ability to work directly with sales teams and customers.
- Ability to coordinate consultative multi-skilled teams, customer, and third parties.
- Ability to resolve conflict and arbitrate.
- Worldwide travel will be about 10% on average, but may be greater in any given month.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge