Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job DescriptionDATA SCIENCE AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TEAM
This position in our company is housed in our Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Team. Joining this team represents an opportunity to fast-track your career and to work with a team of fun and nerdy colleagues in a disruptive startup atmosphere: focused on hypergrowth, moving quickly, and making mistakes in the furtherance of innovation and sound engineering.
Armed with an existing book of business, and a stable financial parent - it is the goal of this group to transform our company into a billion-dollar product company, by focusing on engineering excellence and making the cloud easier for our customers.Data Scientist
Hitachi Solutions is seeking a Data Scientist to work in our Data Science organization. This is a high-visibility, high-impact, full-time role for professionals with a proven history of operational excellence on data projects, and a leadership position in technology. Individuals applying for this role will have operational accountability for Hitachi Solution's client-side rollouts, solution design and delivery of data science requirements to support the team. This includes machine learning modeling, statistics, and the ability to build end to end pipelines.
As part of this group, you will be working with various modeling frameworks and techniques to support the development of supervised, unsupervised, deep learning, computer vision, text, RPA, and autonomous systems.Your Responsibilities
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data, being in the details, setting a high bar and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first, and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome.
- Learn. Always exploring new techniques and technologies. Collaborating with team members and helping to push the practice forward.
- Design and Deploy. Ability to design and deploy end-to-end AI systems and pipelines
- Communicate. Ability to communicate clearly with clients and peers.
- Requirements Gathering. Ability to work with business to define requirements to solve business problems and translate those into solutions
- Management. Ability to manage your time and client expectations, as well as complete quality work on time and within budget
- A Master's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or any other related fields; or equivalent related professional experience
- Robust experience of working with cloud technologies such as Azure Databricks and MLflow and similar tools on the Azure stack.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills enabling you to translate technical concepts for business groups, present to executive audiences or drive effective discussion with your team
- Ability to work independently and participate in multiple diverse collaborating teams, prioritize effectively, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- In-depth knowledge of various modeling algorithms e.g., regression, classification, tree-based models, deep learning, clustering, reinforcement learning, dimensionality reductions, and time series models.
- Strong feature engineering and feature selection capabilities
- Strong model evaluation and selection capabilities
- Strong EDA (Exploratory Data Analysis) and visualization skills and experience/knowledge
- Ability to understand complex and ambiguous business needs and apply the right tools and approaches.
- Proficiency in Python/PySpark and SQL
- Understanding of distributed systems (compute and storage)
- Ability to build models for streaming, batch, and real-time serving
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status#REMOTEAdditional InformationWe are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.