Performance Test Engineer
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. The Role: The Performance Test Engineer
will work along with team members and customer, report directly to the project manager. Main responsibilities is designing, implementing, and supporting performance testing systems and strategies.. You need to ensure project quality and services work in a fully integrated manner as expected by the customer, follow software development process and contribute ideas to improve the project quality. What you'll be doing To combine with our team members, you will deliver the followings:
What you bring to the team
- Understand performance requirements and risk assessments to ensure test designs, scripts, and data support testing of the requirements.
- Coordinate with application and functional experts to fully understand performance test cases in preparation to develop automated scripting.
- Develop/ Maintain automated test scripts, test conditions..., and expected results for one or more performance test efforts.
- Execute tests and report results according to testing standards and procedures.
- Assist code/script implementation of test environment for performance requirements and tools.
- Support defect resolution management in coordination with performance test lead, performance architect and technical teams.
- Work with the application team to resolve any issues that arise out of the testing process.
- Manage or complete test analysts' work throughout test effort to ensure the standard performance engineering analysis and reporting is completed.
- Having at least 2 Year+ experience in the same positions.
- Having experience in using Silk Performer/Load Runner, Apache JMeter
- Strong experience in performance/ scalability / reliability (PSR) testing (e.g. JMeter)
- Having knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Understanding of common software failures and faults.
- A proactive, team player with ability to work in dynamic environments.
- Experience in functional test automation (GUI, layout, Regression test, End-to-End test, API test) is a plus.
- Experience in non-functional test automation (stress test, performance test) is a plus.
- Experience in any automation test framework is a plus.
- Experience in AWS, Azure, google Cloud is a plus.
- Good at English, ability to read & understand the English document, ability to communicate fluently.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
- Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
- Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
- Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge