Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Meet our Team
Our Digital Solutions and Services business spans the entire globe, touching nearly every industry. We help clients to scale their operations and technology, future-proofing their growth in digital, with confidence and resilience. We offer world-class solutions across the leading IT platforms and technologies, from AWS and Google Cloud, to Oracle and SAP. What's more, we're a Gold Microsoft Partner.
We have so many unique opportunities to offer you, depending on your skills and passion. For instance, you might want to join Digital Solutions, developing an app as one of our Practice and Delivery teams. Or work in one of our partnership specialist teams. Or join our Global Markets team. There are so many ways to stretch your skills and realize your ambitions. What you'll be doing
Our Automation Test Engineers typically work across the full project lifecycle and are adept at developing using the Automation frameworks.
• Work with the product and UX design team on requirements analysis.
• QAing the product requirements in PRD, verifying the acceptance criteria's, test case writing, manual testing, and automation testing.
• Define and develop test solutions to features in the product.
• Act as a subject matter expert for focus areas across the test automation space.
• Follow and improve the coding standards with the team on the test automation code, ensure the high code quality.
• Actively look for the latest tools and technologies within or outside company.
• Actively learn and help implementing the new industry standards related to testing and automation.
• Identify the inefficiencies in the process and help the team to improve them to maximize the team's performance.
• Help identifying the dependencies, risks, and bottlenecks in the projects proactively.
• Work actively with the Developer within the team to resolve them. What you bring to the team
• Experience on test case design and performing exploratory/regression tests.
• BDD is a plus
• Experience on agile software development process.
• Like to collaborate within engineering and beyond.
• Experience with containerisation (Docker / Kubernetes) and cloud infrastructure is a plus. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge