Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
We are seeking a Quality Engineer to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for architecting test plans, designing test cases, and developing automated tests.
The Engineering team embraces an highly collaborative Agile model that requires deep Quality-focused involvement from start to finish of each project.
- Participate in creating test plans, test data, test cases, and automated tests
- Contribute to functional specifications and participate in reviews of feature designs
- Provide input to test coverage based on requirements, functional specifications, and feature designs
- Execute and monitor automated tests and perform manual tests when required
- Collaborate with scrum team members to communicate any identified bug fixes needed for the product
- Provide assistance for other scrum team members as needed to configure and troubleshoot applications
Experience and Skills
- Understanding of engineering processes
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- A genuine passion for engineering high-quality solutions
- Some structured programming knowledge in any programming language
- Relevant formal education, including BSCS or MSCS
- 3 -5+ years of hands-on contribution in Software Engineering or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.