Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
The Manager of Database Administration is an experienced professional who will need to be able to complete multiple projects individually as well lead the Databases team. The Database Engineer Manager will serve as a technical lead, as well as provide direct leadership for DBA projects and manage a small team of DBA's. This position is responsible for executing/following procedures for the maintenance, upgrade, backup/restoration, and monitoring of deployed databases, and must respond rapidly to database issues. The role is also responsible for developing, improving, documenting, and implementing processes and procedures used by the Database Administration team.
This is great opportunity for someone who has the technical leadership background and is ready to move into the next step in their career, providing a vision, mindset, and will work tactical with their team and the hiring manager. Opportunity to work within the cloud and evaluate future cloud needs will be part of this role as well. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Lead, mentor and energize high performance Oracle ERP and SQL Server DBA team across geographies to manage and support large, complex mission critical ERP environments providing stability, and operational excellence.
- Identify resourcing, assign individual responsibilities, and develop schedule to ensure smooth operations and timely completion of projects deliverables.
- Provide technical expertise to the DBA team on all technical aspects of EBS application and maintenance, backup, restore, decommissioning, business impacting performance issues and to strategize for current/future technological developments and serve as point of contact for technical questions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional global IT teams (infrastructure, infosec, corporate applications, etc.) in planning production rollouts, ensuring that all production outages are planned and coordinated with applicable parties, and downtime is minimized.
- Work with application and security teams to promptly address security vulnerabilities issues protecting ERP applications, database, infrastructure, and technology stack.
- Provide technical guidance on Database Automation activities to improve process efficiency and risk compliance.
- Engage completely into full lifecycle of Database environment (Plan, Build, Patch, Run of Oracle EBS environment, standalone Databases, and other related products (OEM.OID, etc....). This includes installing, upgrading, cloning, monitoring, patching, backups & restore (using RMAN).
- Support security/SOX audit reporting and provide input and recommendations.
- Manage multiple ORDS environments, assist dev teams with setup, troubleshooting and training.
- Manage APEX environments, troubleshoot, and configure applications as needed.
- Be accountable for Identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks in DB as well as in EBS processes (CRs, Workflows, Printing, SSL/TLS, and mailers).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related.
- 10+ years of EBS production support experience within a global enterprise environment.
- 3 to 5 years of people management experience.
- Extensive experience in Oracle database/E Business suite architecture and components including installation, upgrades, online patching, and cloning.
- Strong Hands-on experience in managing Oracle EBS (R12.1.x and R12.2.x) and Oracle Databases (11g/12c/18c/19c(CDB/PDB).
- Demonstrate ability to lead/assist the team as well as proactively indicate issues and improvement areas and lead the effort to address them.
- Demonstrate experience in Migrating/Upgrading Oracle EBS environment to R12.2.9/10 with Oracle 19C Database.
- Demonstrate expertise in knowledge of PLSQL, and SQL (reviewing code, developing, and optimizing queries).
- Demonstrate functional and technical working knowledge of Oracle Forms, Workflow, XML, PL/SQL, APEX, Form Personalization, Object-Oriented design methodologies and webservices.
- Experience in all routine EBS and DBA tasks including access management, concurrent processing troubleshooting, patching, print system maintenance, patching, cloning, backup, and recovery, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of UNIX/Linux-based platforms is required. A good knowledge of UNIX/Linux implies good scripting as well as being fully conversant with the OS and commands.
- A good knowledge of shell scripting and programming, including shell scripting and Java.
- Experience automating processes and configuration tasks using Ansible.
"For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $110,000 - $135,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions." Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge