Level 2 Mechanical Engineer
Reports to Mechanical Project Engineers and/or Mechanical Engineering Manager.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related discipline. Associates degree with greater level of experience.
Familiar with most applications of the standard engineering principles, practices, and procedures and can apply them independently.
3+ years in a field of comparable discipline. Preferably in the field of machine design and assembly technology.
Experience using CAD software such as Solidworks and AutoCAD.
Experience using MS Office suite software such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Develop conceptual mechanism and machine designs for customers or sales and quoting.
- Speak effectively about design direction and intent before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Complete layout of mechanism and/or machine through detail of all components.
- Solve practical problems with no standard solution.
- Contact vendors for proper sizing and quotation of purchased items needed for design.
- Checking of peer drawing packages