Job ID: R0008947
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Entry Level
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Train Operator during emergency situations shall have direct responsibility for the safe, timely and proper operation of Honolulu Rail multi-unit rail service cars in accordance with the rules, regulations and special instructions governing such operation. They operate rail cars in revenue and non-revenue service, and in yard or terminal service; may prepare trains for service and switch cars in yards; in revenue service, convey passengers over assigned routes; may open and close doors in stations and terminals; may make announcements.
Under general supervision, the Train Operator will:
• Operates trains as required for service and testing
• Provide direct, front line customer service to Hitachi Rail customers, including listening to, understanding and offering solutions to customers' questions, concerns, and complaints
• Offer customers accurate, helpful travel and transit system-related information
• Provide assistance to customers in the use of ticket equipment
• Explain to customers various options and policies
• Monitor the proper operation of elevators and escalators
• Observe and report on overall station conditions, including failures, outages, defects, emergency response situations, and unusual or suspicious occurrences
• Direct customers during busy peak times
• Assist with emergency station and train evacuations
• Request police and/or medical assistance, as needed; and perform related work.
• Other duties as assigned
Train Operators will required to work rotating shifts including nights, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
Some of the physical activities performed by Station Operators and environmental conditions experienced are: working outside; working on noisy, environmentally exposed rail platforms; communicating with passengers over loud background noises; working in spaces with relatively moderate dust/dirt levels; and walking/riding up and down stairways, ramps, and escalators/elevators.
• Excellent customer service skill
• Five (5)+ years of experience in customer service leading people
• Ability to use computers and tablets
• Able to distinguish colors
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Five or more years of experience of customer service
• Previous rail and bus transportation driving or CDL B
• Second language skills desired but not required.
• High School or equivalent
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.