Our Mechanical Engineering team never designs the same machine twice. You will be challenged to think outside the box and solve practical problems with no standard solution. As a lead member of a project team, you’ll work alongside our Applications, Controls, and Build teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry you never thought possible.
JR Automation is seeking a Mechanical Engineer Manager for our Stevensville, MI location.
What You’ll Do:
- Direct supervision of mechanical engineers and other staff
- Assist with the successful management of engineering programs as they relate to cost, quality, safety, timing and customer satisfaction
- Develop the Mechanical Engineering department through leadership, mentoring, and training of mechanical engineers, and other staff
- Manage staffing and workload issues, including managing direct, indirect and overtime hours as they relate to workload, budget and timing
- Design, implement and document mechanical design systems for various types of automated equipment
- Conduct the design meetings, actively participate in the machine debug, power-up, and machine validation with the appropriate build, controls and power teams
- Ensure that equipment is designed and built to customer and/or Setpoint build specifications using standard techniques and approach
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- At least five years of machine design experience on CAD system and/or Pro Engineer Basic and Advanced Assembly training; or equivalent combination of experience and education
Desired Technical Skills:
- Skilled in CAD design (Solidworks, Creo, etc.). Capable of creating and maintaining complex assemblies and subassemblies. (Setpoint uses Solidworks as the primary CAD system)
- Capable of performing structural analysis of mechanical parts and systems
- Experience in analytical troubleshooting, utilizing lean Six Sigma or other standardized problem-solving methodologies
- Good oral and written communication skills with experience presenting to colleagues and company management
- Experience working on cross functional teams
- Proven documentation experience as manufacturing and/or customer deliverables
- Leadership of a team of engineers to complete a project
- Experience working with Project/Program Management to manage the engineering resources for a project
- Experience leading a team of engineering resources through a project “stage gate” process
- Experience creating standard documentation and processes to be used by engineering staff and company in general
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
ComeThink. Solve. Create. With Us!