Job ID: R0009109
Date Posted: May 27, 2022
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi India Pvt, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Sales, Marketing & Product Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Management
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Title: OES Sales Engineer
Company: Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science Ltd
Assume responsibilities of achievement of budgeted sales, margin realization, payment collection, key account management, application support.
1. Establish comprehensive coverage for agreed territory and products (with a special focus on Optical Emission Spectrometers – OES) in consultation with the Sales Managers for direct business including the following:
Product promotions and comprehensive market coverage.
Generate sales leads and convert into opportunities.
Understand customer applications to suggest suitable products and solutions.
Conduct demonstrations and discuss OES applications as may be necessary.
Prepare and issue quotations using Sales Force.
Funnel management with help of CRM (Sales Force) and monthly reporting.
Application support for existing and new OES customers, wherever required.
Propose and contribute in marketing initiatives e.g. direct mailing, trade shows, conferences advertising etc.
Ensure end-user customer satisfaction, taking corrective action as necessary.
Uphold HHA / Hitachi brand integrity with end customers / distributors / agents and operate in a manner consistent with the HHA / Hitachi brand values.
2. Propose and agree targets for: Sales by product, market segment, product mix, cash collection and gross margin. Propose and agree strategic objectives in region.
3. Provide regular reports in an agreed format.
4. Achieve the agreed targets, within an agreed expense budget.
5. Build and maintain close and effective working relationships with team members / distributors.
6. Closely work with sales, service, product and marketing teams to help to create regional business and marketing plan to increase regional growth.
7. Interface with existing office team.
8. Maintain professional awareness of relevant external technical and business developments and of competitor activity.
Relevant technical degree preferred or business degree if appropriate market experience can be demonstrated.
Understands and manages within a technical environment.
Able to work in direct sales, distributor & channel management environment.
Able to explain the technical features, advantages and benefits of relevant products. Understands competitive Optical Emission Spectrometer (OES) products both Stationary and Portable.
Over 5 years working experience in OES discipline and / or instrumentation industry.
Able to conduct demonstrations and discuss applications at customer sites.
Strong application knowledge of OES in foundry / steel industries / commercial testing labs etc. Additional knowledge on X-Ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy sales & application would be considered as added advantage
Understands the key factors which influence the performance of own area of the business. Evaluates activities and decisions from a commercial perspective, achieving short-term financial efficiency and longer-term business objectives.
Understands the relevant market dynamics, economical factors influencing business scenario.
Has an appreciation of the external market place and its requirements and appreciates importance of providing feedback mechanism to central marketing. Applies this to own planning and decision making.
Adept at exploiting distributor strength in developing HHA / Hitachi brand image and awareness.
Maintain established Sales Force CRM system with customers & prospects.