Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Project Engineer ROLE:
A Project Engineer continuously and effectively applies sound engineering principles to design work. This position incorporates the established and evolving goals and objectives of WF Management into each aspect of project work guided by the company's priorities. This position also develops and implements projects to reach safety, quality, delivery, and financial goals set by Management. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design of foundry components/equipment and support systems utilizing standard engineering principles and practices.
- Generate detailed mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings for systems and equipment.
- Project management including but not limited to writing scopes; help generate, keep track of & staying within budget given.
- Designing, generating CAD drawings, ordering of components, and overseeing the assembly of equipment.
- Oversee installation of equipment.
- Oversee project schedule & startup.
- Assist with the proper operation of equipment.
- Budgeting of projects and spend forecasts.
- Direct contact with plant maintenance, production and engineering.
- Conduct meetings and give short presentations.
- Direct company project crews and obtaining & directing outside contractors.
- Obtain accurate information and relay it to others in the form of drawings or work scope information.
- Must incorporate the best available safety and ergonomic features into all design work.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Advanced CAD/3D modeling skills, especially knowledge of AutoDesk Inventor.
- Knowledge of mechanical components such as cylinders, motors bearings etc.
- Understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- A working knowledge of the ISO/TS standards as necessary.
- Understanding of engineering principles.
- Must acquire knowledge of safety policies/procedures for all departments.
- Ability to work as part of team as well as solo projects with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess necessary computer skills, CAD, spreadsheet, word processor.
- Demonstrate a strong mechanical drafting knowledge to accurately communicate design intent.
- Ability to improve processes through machine improvement and automation.
- Problem solving.
- Possess and demonstrate leadership ability to include the following:
- Conflict resolution
- Policy adherence
- Legal aspects
- Promotion of company philosophy
- Respect for workforce
- Positive attitude
- Fair and ethical treatment of employees
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Paid vacations/holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Fitness membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.