Meet our Team US REMOTE
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
The Payroll Operations Analyst will report directly to the Payroll Manager and be responsible for full cycle, multi-state payroll for an assigned group of employees in the US and Canada. The Payroll Specialist will also support the North America Payroll team, as needed, with the review and audit of payroll data to ensure timely execution of all payrolls. This role will ensure payroll is processed timely and accurately utilizing the Ceridian Dayforce payroll platform.
You must possess detailed knowledge of payroll laws and regulations and demonstrate technical skills in a variety of areas including, payroll processing, reporting, and account reconciliations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, IFRS, government regulations and key business control requirements.
The Payroll Operations Analyst must effectively interact with all business functions, i.e. Human Resources, Accounting, Tax and IT, to ensure alignment with business objectives and initiatives while handling and managing sensitive and confidential information with the utmost professionalism and highest ethical standards. Excellent customer service, for both internal and external customers, is a priority with timely and accurate responses and resolutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Process payroll for a subset of employees on a semi-monthly, multi-state basis in the US and Canada utilizing the Ceridian Dayforce payroll systems and according to strict payroll processing and month end deadlines
• Use Kronos and Oracle to download timecards and time reports
• Audit payroll transactions from HR/Payroll interface, data entry changes and worksheets entries before and after payroll transmission.
• Responsible for day-to-day system support, including interfaces to external vendors, developing, and overseeing automated and review controls, and driving compliance with new business processes in the field. Work with the HRIS team on data integrations.
• Enters, maintains, and processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees' commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions, taxes, address changes, and other information.
• Process payroll for Japanese expat employees
• Distribute payroll reports every pay cycle.
• Assist with research of monthly general ledger reconciling items.
• Assists with the creation and maintenance of payroll policies, procedures, and documentation.
• Assist with the audit requests from the External and Internal Audit Teams.
• Prepare manual checks as needed
• Reconcile manual checks created during pay period and track all aged uncashed checks by performing stop payments/reissuance according to state laws for abandoned property
• Support internal and external payroll inquiries as necessary by performing the necessary research and responding timely and appropriately
• Administer basic aspects of processing payroll including wage garnishments, leave of absence calculations and expatriate transactions.
• Assist with year-end close tasks and review of the W-2 and T-4 information. What you bring to the team
• 5 to 7+ years of multi-state payroll processing experience
• Proficiency with Workday, Oracle, and Ceridian Dayforce HRIS system processing, maintenance and reporting is preferred
• Detailed knowledge of payroll laws and regulations
• Basic understanding of General Accounting
• High attention to detail
• Customer service oriented
• Sense of urgency and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Flexibility to work extended hours including potentially weekends during peak times, such as year-end
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Must have a strong background of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Ability to effectively interface and communicate with multiple varied internal/external groups/organizations
• Unquestionable ethics and integrity
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written
• Self-starter with ability to work independently with some supervision
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge