Meet our Team
onsite in Santa Clara, California
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
The Facilities Manager is responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of the Facilities Department including but not limited to day-to-day operations, budget forecasts, long term contracts and process improvement objectives. The Facilities Manager will manage document workflow and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness.
The Facilities Manager must have a strong background in MEP, Building Automation, fire safety & lab maintenance. You will manage all aspects of Facility Operations including Vendor Management, Strategic Sourcing, Space Planning, Project Planning, etc. Leasing experience a plus. You will track and analyze business unit trends and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact the unit in the fields of Operations, Contract Analysis, and Facilities purchases and long-term costs. In this role, you will lead key projects for the business unit and the company.
• Oversee Facilities team(s), shipping and janitorial regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines
• Primary liaison with property management at each facility
• Establish effective processes to monitor, inspect, and maintain all buildings and equipment to ensure efficient operation of utility systems (mechanical, electrical, structural, and plumbing, etc.)
• Collaboratively partnered with the company departments such as Legal, IT and Property Management to succeed in build-outs, RFP's, Tenant Improvements, and renewing ongoing leases.
• Act as Environmental facilitator on current and future laws & regulations for the work environment.
• Conduct or participate in RFP's (request for proposal), coordinate with procurement, legal and other groups to facilitate sourcing functions.
• Ability to work with Finance to develop annual OpEx/CapEx budgets, track work to the established budget, provide regular budget updates, and work within corporate financial guidelines.
• Manage service contract agreements, work closely with procurement through final execution
• Works closely with business finance partner(s) to track accruals, PO closeouts and expenses and use opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service and/or program business processes.
• Details cost savings and cost avoidance matrix, creates and manages Excel & PowerPoint reports
• Manage day to day operations, help tickets and engineering deliverables.
• Manages the Facilities REWS intranet page and supporting documents.
• Works with appropriate personnel to allocate personnel time to project tasks and to track progress of their work.
• Develops effective reporting tools for the business unit.
• Analyzes the business unit's activities and trends and compares analyses against the service standards and best practices.
• Presents findings and works with the Business Unit Leader and other personnel to identify and implement strategies that will address tactical and strategic goals. What you bring to the team
• BA degree business or related field preferred (Equivalent work experience considered)
• 7+ years of Corporate Facilities experience
• Financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Experience in CAD and/or Oracle systems a plus
• Ability to negotiate leases
• Budget and Analysis experience a plus
• Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
• Proficient project management abilities
• Good written and verbal communications
• Excellent Interpersonal skills
• Problem solving abilities
• minimal travel required Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge