Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What You Will Be Doing
Seeking a creative software engineer who is skilled in code development. You will be supporting a client team who fosters a mission driven work culture. The ideal candidate will also have a good attitude, be results driven, and have an agile mindset. Responsibilities
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Customize products to provide customized workflows, enhanced capabilities, and automation
- Maintain and configure Jira plug-ins / add-ons that provide enhanced capabilities
- Support Automation Solution Planning and Estimation
- Analyze current architecture and test platforms to formulate a vision for growth and expansion
- Collaboratively elaborate requirements with a dynamic team
- Perform detailed designs using sound software engineering principals
- Experience in UI/UX best practices and familiarity with Systems Integration.
- Experience with API calls, databases, and SQL.
- Experience with Ansible and JSON.
- Ability to work with multiple teams and staff at all levels of experience and seniority
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Education and Eligibility
- Database Administrator experience
- Security experience working in a heavily regulated environment
- Familiarity with IT ticketing systems (ServiceNow and CMDB)
- Ability to turn business requirements into technical requirements and create a work plan and schedule
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum development and DevOps processes
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Additional experience may be considered in place of a Bachelor's degree
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge