** US Residency and Working Authorization Required **Meet The Team
The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for leading multiple IT projects simultaneously in a fast-paced global environment. Responsibilities include defining, planning, and executing projects according to set deadlines, specific budget, scope, and technical standards. This includes identifying resources, coordinating the efforts of IT team members, internal business partners and third-party contractor or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. Oftentimes this will include close collaboration with the Offshore Shared Service Center for delivery of projects.
The ideal candidate will oversee many large global complex, enterprise level, infrastructure and business application development projects and has strong experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology.
This position can be hired in Englewood, CO (preferred area), any Hitachi Vantara office OR 100% remote from any US location. What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Manage IT project timelines, budgets and interdependencies related to network planning, improvement initiatives, software development, new product launches, operational systems improvements, and other projects as established by corporate operating plan.
- Ability to develop, plan, execute and deliver project plans, schedules, estimates, resources plans and budgets for high quality software or IT infrastructure projects that solve real business needs.
- Interfaces with internal business clients to understand business issues/needs and ensure that client expectations are in line with delivery plans.
- Run complex projects/programs from design and development to production.
- Ability to combine a team around a common goal and vision, encouraging others to be their best.
- Lead and communicate across functional areas and update project statuses to keep project teams informed of progress and/or significant changes.
- Facilitate discussion across project teams to resolve conflicts such as implementation timing or resource dedication.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Assist in establishing metrics to analyze project performance where relevant and needed.
- Prepares project reports, dashboard and summaries for management, client, or other internal customers.
- 6+ years of experience managing large global IT projects.
- 5+ years of experience supporting/overseeing the development of enterprise and/or business application projects.
- 3+ years working with Agile/Scrum projects.
- Agile SCRUM Master and PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, oral and written communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related IT discipline preferred.
For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $110,000 - $130,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge