Meet the Team
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a seasoned and experienced Executive Support Engineer. Candidates for this role must have experience supporting C-Level Executives and Admins daily, have excellent communication and customer service skills and be able to develop long-lasting relationships with the executives and their support teams. This role typically works on problems of diverse complexity and scope related to the daily support of the Executive Team Members and Executive Administrators. The candidate will exercise independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. This role will also be exposed to highly confidential activities and information so non-disclosure agreements are mandatory.
This role is truly hybrid - someone with an Executive Assistant/Admin background with technical knowledge would be an ideal fit or someone who is an End Point/Help Desk Lead or Trainer, but can be sympathetic and deal with executives could also be a great fit.
The ideal candidate for this role is going to be the jack of all trades , assisting C-Level executives with various needs such as IT support, scheduling, meeting setup, sales support, etc., anything they might need for this diverse group of executive's leaders in a very fast paced growing environment. This person must be able to work 4 days per week at the Santa Clara Office and be flexible with hours. What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team
- Establish trust with the Leadership team by performing executive and technical support, while maintaining confidentiality and showing discretion.
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service in a collaborative environment with a keen focus on helping people resolve issues and problems.
- Be the main contact for all Executive support issues. Receive and respond to incoming calls, texts, and/or e-mails regarding IT related problems (first point of escalation) including evenings and weekends.
- Strong task management skills: ability to prioritize, triage, resolve and escalate in an efficient and effective manner.
- Coordinate onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex endpoint problems for Executives, and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Collaborate and Interact with IT functional groups and establish relationships to effectively drive escalations to closure.
- Maintain & Develop Cross functional communication with other corporate business units like HR, Finance, Marketing and others as needed or directed.
- Support internal Executive meetings, and Corporate All Hands style meetings. Occasional non-standard business hours support will be required along with occasional travel.
- Minimum 5 years of Executive Support/C-Level Support experience.
- Highly prefer candidates with experience in IT desktop/operations.
- Knowledge of PC computer hardware and software and related applications.
- Knowledge of Mac hardware and software and related applications.
- Knowledge of supporting and troubleshooting standard meeting applications such as Teams, Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting, and Webinar Platforms.
- Mobile device management and troubleshooting experience on IOS and Android devices
- Experience with O365 Outlook including delegation, calendaring, distribution lists and troubleshooting on PC and Mac platforms.
- Working knowledge of a range of utilities such as Active Directory, SCCM, JAMF, AZURE, MS Intune and Okta.
- Experience with Windows Remote Assistance tools (Teams and Bomgar, Microsoft, etc.)
- Bi-lingual in Japanese a plus.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge