Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Network and Server Engineer ROLE
While the focus of this role is on Network Engineering and Administration, the ideal individual should have a high degree of confidence in their ability to design, engineer, and implement networks and Windows based server infrastructure. They should also have the experience and ability to troubleshoot and remediate deeply technical issues that fall in line with the skillset requirements described below. DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES :
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA DESIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE :
- TCP/IP Network Design, Configuring, and Implementation.
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, and monitoring networks appliances and services (VPNs, routers, load balancers and other physical hardware).
- Proven ability to scope design a resilient network infrastructure.
- Proven ability to scope and design a wireless network.
- Experience deploying and managing "Next-Gen" Firewalls (application awareness, deep packet inspection, IDS/IPS).
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, IPSec, VoIP, Wireless, HSRP, SNMP, QoS, SNMP, 802.1x, VoIP, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS
- Proficient with creating infrastructure documentation and Visio diagrams.
- Help Desk support within a Windows OS desktop environment is a must.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, technical certifications (see above), or commensurate experience in context to the "Responsibilities" described above. Demonstrated experience in SQL database administration. CCNA. MCSA.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen. BENEFITS :
- Expert ability to design and implement a resilient and secure server infrastructure based on Microsoft Windows Server technology.
- Able to expertly monitor, troubleshoot, and improve Active Directory in an existing environment.
- Deep familiarity working with Certificates and Certificate Authority server services.
- Proficient, working knowledge of core Microsoft Windows services such as clustering and storage spaces.
- Proficient, working knowledge of VMWare ESXi 7.0.x.x and VMWare virtual networking (vSwitch).
- Proficient, working knowledge deploying and maintaining Microsoft HCI Hyper-V Clusters.
- Proficient, working knowledge of Hyper-V virtual networking and storage.
- Proficient, working knowledge of deploying network-based storage solutions (SAN, NAS) and cloud backup services.
- Familiarity with Veeam and similar backup software is required.Solid work history.
- The candidate must be a proactive self-starter with excellent technical and non-technical communication skills. Working independently on highly visible tasks is required for this role. The candidate will also work within a team context reporting directly to the IT Infrastructure Manager. This role also requires traveling.
- Good oral communications.
- Positive work attitude.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement