Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Seeking to build strong relationships and trust with new and existing customers across industry sectors such as retail, finance, manufacturing and public sector.
Articulating our industry leading solutions, which include Data Centre/Storage, Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics and IoT, to enable your customers to realise the highest levels of success. What you bring to the team
Seeking a creative software engineer who is skilled in code development. You would be supporting a client team who fosters a mission driven work culture. The ideal candidate will also have a good attitude, be results driven, and have an agile mindset.
• Customize products to provide customized workflows, enhanced capabilities, and automation
• Maintain and configure Jira plug-ins / add-ons that provide enhanced capabilities
• Support Automation Solution Planning and Estimation
• Analyze current architecture and test platforms to formulate a vision for growth and expansion
• Collaboratively elaborate requirements with a dynamic team
• Perform detailed designs using sound software engineering principals
• Demonstrated ability in Java, Relational Databases and Python.
• Extensive hands-on experience with Ansible and Chef configuration management tools
• Experience in UI/UX best practices and familiarity with Systems Integration.
• Experience with API calls, databases, and SQL.
• Experience with Ansible and JSON.
• Ability to work with multiple teams and staff at all levels of experience and seniority
• Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ansible and Chef experience
• Database Administrator experience
• Security experience working in a heavily regulated environment
• Familiarity with IT ticketing systems
• Ability to turn business requirements into technical requirements and create a work plan and schedule
• Experience working with Agile/Scrum development and DevOps processes
Education and Eligibility
• BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
• Additional experience may be considered in place of a Bachelor's degreeOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge