Meet our Team
SHORT INTRO TO THE TEAM - SAMPLE BELOW
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
COUPLE OF SENTENCES SELLING THE MAIN FOCUS POINTS OF THE ROLE What you bring to the team
Mandatory Skillset# VMware Component: vCenter/ ESXi /vSAN /NSX-T/vRPOS/vRA/Ethernet Switches (L2 & L3 switches)
Added Advantage # CCNA Certified & Window/Linux & Hitachi Product: UCP Advisor / DS Series Hardware Knowledge
• VMware Administrator for a large, geographically dispersed enterprise (minimum 500 servers)
• Experience in the installation, configuration, and administration of components in a large VMware environment centered around best practices, to include vCenter, VMware Update Manager, vCenter Operations Manager, vCenter Orchestrator, vCenter Cloud Automation Center, vCenter Site Recovery Manager.
• Experience in VM template design and leveraging vCenter Operations Manager to right size, virtual servers.
• Design/Implementation experience to build VMware infra on requirement basis.
• Hands-on experience on installing, configuring VMware, working experience on Creating VMs, templates on VMware.
• Working experience on snapshots and clones. Working knowledge on HA, storage motion, Dynamic Optimization
• Capable of handling high priority incidents for VMware and preparing root cause analysis for the same.
• Good knowledge on Windows Failover cluster. Managing security patches and hotfix for VMware environment
- Experience in upgrading ESXi hosts and VM guests using VMware Update Manager.
• Experience in Cisco UCS/UCP Administration
• Experience in Microsoft Windows Server Administration, to include Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 operating systems.
• Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
• Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Good understanding of network protocols/services and network infrastructures.
• Good understanding of storage technologies (SAN/NAS/iSCSI)
• Good knowledge on other Microsoft technologies like Active Directory/DNS/DHCP/Group Policies
• Experience with server consolidation/virtualization for HW reduction and site migrations via V2V and P2V
• Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
• System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are added advantage.
• Experience working with various levels of technical individuals at remote locations and vendors to resolve problems or in implementing new solutions.
• Experience using a ticket management system for work prioritization and daily workload management.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge