Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job Description
Hitachi Solutions Canada is looking for a Service Desk Supervisor
with strong communication, organizational, and IT project management skills.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Information Systems North America, you will be part of the internal IT support and operations team in a Microsoft-centric environment. You will be responsible for supervising service desk team activities, communications, and providing support and guidance to ensure consistent and timely incident resolution.
If you are a motivated and experienced IT professional who has a passion for collaboration, communications, and service excellence - then this role is for you!Responsibilities
• Provide day to day supervision and quality assurance of IT team activities, including monitoring and management of service desk systems, incident and request assignment, resolution, documentation, and reporting to ensure that the team is meeting service-level agreements
- Prepare communications materials for notifications, updates, and newsletters, to be circulated to individuals, departments, or company-wide and facilitate regular team meetings
- IT support/operations project and change management
- Collaboration with other departments and leadership to review and analyze hardware, software, and service needs
• Supervise new employee onboarding and departure tickets and processes
QualificationsEducation and Experience
- Assist with objective-setting, performance monitoring, and coaching for team members
• Post-secondary education in relevant knowledge field or an acceptable combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated experience in initiating, executing, and overseeing complex IT projects
• Demonstrated experience with adhering to change management processes and procedures
• Experience in managing a small team of IT professionals is a plusCore Skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, positive attitude, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Strong organizational skills, ability to self-direct, self-pace, multitask and function well under pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization
• Knowledge and experience with ITIL framework (certification a plus)
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
• 5+ years experience implementing and administering Microsoft cloud services and products (O365, D365, Azure, etc)
• Information Systems Professional of Canada (I.S.P) professional designation is a plusAdditional Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.