Job ID: R0009243
Date Posted: May 23, 2022
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi High-Technologies
Company Name: Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): IT, Telecom & Internet
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Note: As a temporary role, person will be paid by a 3rd party employment agency. This temporary role may convert to a regular Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc. employee with benefits.
Work Designation: 100% onsite at Company office.
HTA requires all contingent workers/temporary employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or to have obtained a medical or religious accommodation from their employer.
This position is responsible for day-to-day technical support of end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices and networking software; monitoring the external Service Desk system and resolving or escalating tickets; and performing computer hardware replacement and data transfer. Scope of support is both U.S. domestic and international.
• Install, configure and troubleshoot users’ PCs, printers, video, phones and network connectivity issues.
• Monitor tickets in the Service Desk system – escalation monitoring, ticket status changes, report generation.
• Conduct onboarding training programs to assist new employees in setting up their PCs.
• Maintain managed and unmanaged asset inventory including receiving, tagging, storing and updating electronic records.
• Communicate technical information to technical and nontechnical personnel. Recommend hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades. Participate in testing of information technology and infrastructure projects.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Post high school technical school or associates degree in computer science or similar discipline.
Bachelor’s degree – preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Three (3) years minimum relevant IT experience required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Windows 10, Microsoft Office products, up to the latest version, and Active Directory.
• Familiarity with OKTA or similar identity and access management software.
• Familiarity and basic understanding of Microsoft networking fundamentals.
• Excellent verbal/written communications skills.
• Ability to provide support over the phone, via screen sharing or remote control, chat and email.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Work independently making decisions as needed regarding end user needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]