Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft as a Gold level partner. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members at Hitachi Solutions across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., Hitachi Solutions has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job Description
This position sits in Hitachi Solutions America's Azure Cloud Enablement (ACE) division on the Data & Analytics (BI/DW) team.****Please note: Position is Remote / Virtual / Work-from-home with minimal, if any, travel and you MUST reside in, and be authorized to work in, the US; H1-B transfers possible.
- At least 10 years of overall experience including 7+ years of hands-on experience working in high-level in Data Architecture or Data Science or combination.
- Azure DW skills are REQUIRED, including Provisioning, Configuring and Developing solutions in the Modern Data Estate (ADF, ADLS, SQL DW/Synapse, Databricks and Power BI); other BI/DW experience is a plus; and, experience with other Cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, PCF, etc are also a plus.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Hands-on experience using MS SQLServer required; other RDBMS platforms such as Oracle, Teradata or similar are a plus.
- Distributed Data Processing of big data batch or streaming pipelines.
- Construction of data science and machine learning research and production pipelines.
- Advanced skill in Power BI highly desired; other data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, etc.) are acceptable.
- Data Modeling using Kimball, Inmon, etc. methods
- Strong analytics skills in Analytics.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Attitude and aptitude are of high importance at Hitachi, we are a very collaborative group.
- Ability to lead teams.
- Microsoft Azure certifications are a big plus; and, we'll keep existing Microsoft certifications current/active and/or get you additional ones!
We would like to see a blend of most of the following skills:
- Data Modeling
- Synapse Analytics experience
- ADF or Synapse Pipelines
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse (SQL DW/Synapse)
- Azure Data Factory (ADF)
- Azure Data Lake Services (ADLS)
- Azure Analysis Services
- Python or Scala (Python preferred)
- Power BI
- Database migration from legacy systems (on-prem) to new solutions (cloud)
- Design conceptual, logical, and physical data models using tools like ER Studio, ER/Win
- DevOps knowledge is a Plus
#LI-CA1Additional InformationWe are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.