Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Single point of contact for Customer's Operations Team
- Manages the Hitachi Vantara Service relationship with the Customer. The SAM is the primary
point of contact for any all post-sales and service management related activities.
- Primary contact and escalation point for delivery of Hitachi Vantara support, handling all of Customer's support demands.
- Supports and coordinates incident management.
- Actively monitors escalations for service requests, works to reduce escalation times, escalates and monitor engagement resources, and present Detailed Analysis Reports.
- Named contact for severity 1 and 2 cases. The SAM acts as a conduit for information between Hitachi Vantara(CS&S/GSC) and the Customer, unless the GSC managed Crit-Sit (Critical Situation) team is involved.
Strategic account management
- Tracks maintenance contracts continuity.
- Annual review of maintenance contract and SLAs.
- Advise Customer of potential impacts to operations.
- Develops and maintains a Service Account Plan and ensures that the plan is current and incorporates the Customer's Operations Centers, Storage Operations resources and Hitachi Vantara resources.
- Conduct regular service review meeting and quarterly business review.
- Prepares and delivers weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for the over-all health of the environment regarding Hitachi Vantara solutions. Reporting is focused on product availability, microcode version status/pending upgrades, and other proactive information.
- Primary Customer contact for planning change to the environment, including storage additions, reconfigurations, providing input into capacity planning projects, environmental requirements for pending installations. A detailed understanding of the environment is essential. These initiatives are carefully planned together with Customer's storage operations resources to ensure proper change management practices are implemented.
- Monitor microcode levels.
- Review product alerts and assists Customer to understand Hitachi Vantara alerts and planning changes - if required.
- Verifies support documents, procedures, technical documents and policies are up to date.
- Schedules preventative maintenance.
- Champions problem management, service improvement initiatives.
- Proactively identifies opportunities and risk to Customer and Customer resources based on the SAM's knowledge of the environment and expertise.
- Ensure effective use of Hitachi Vantara service tools including Web Portal.
- Educates Customer's resources on implementing Best Practices for Hitachi Vantara solutions, emerging service solutions to reduce service cycles, new functionality or features as described in microcode upgrades, etc.
Coordination of advanced technical activities
- Single point of contact for technical and support-related activities.
- Works closely with the Customer's storage operations resources and the Hitachi Vantara support team to coordinate software and hardware upgrades. This maintenance planning will include education on microcode: upgrades, implementation for planning, and identifying and migrating risk through upgrade planning.
- Responsible for change control and governance in conjunction with Customer procedures.
- Ensures change control is systemic and organized.
- Manage implementation schedules.
- Coordinate activities to ensure services meet Customer expectations.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect; Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity; Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge