Meet our Team
We are the Cybersecurity Incident Response team, part of Enterprise Information Security at Hitachi Vantara, and we are passionate advocates of information security! We are charged with protecting the company's key information systems and data, and responding to attacks, intrusions, and other security incidents. We are out-of-the-box thinkers, innovators, and team players. We constantly seek new and better ways of doing things. We need highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team who have positive attitudes, and want to be part of something special. We strive for nothing less than the very best cybersecurity incident response program!What you'll be doing
The Manager Cybersecurity Incident Response has the primary responsibility for the company in responding to security incidents, either from alerts out of the security toolset, or escalated alerts from our service providers. This position will usually be the coordinator for high severity cybersecurity incidents in the enterprise. The position also provides guidance and coaching to junior members of the team as well as acting as an escalation point for high severity incidents. This position manages the incident response team, managing workloads and coordinating work across the team. As the lead Incident Responder in Europe, the position also collaborates with other Incident Response team members in other regions (Americas and Asia). The position will interact and collaborate with practitioners across IT, including Help Desk, Desktop Operations, System Administration, Networking, and cloud environment administrators. During high priority incidents the will direct the investigation and response activities of other security analysts, IT practitioners, and provide reporting and updates to Director level management. The successful candidate will be able to articulate themselves well, explain difficult concepts in ways that are easy to understand, be a team player, willing to admit when they are wrong or have made a mistake, be ready to always back up their words with data and solid analysis, and always be seeking opportunity to grow.What you bring to the team
- Hitachi Vantara is a global company and the candidate will be interacting with staff remotely across Asia, Europe and the Americas where English is the language of choice. The candidate must be fluent in English.
- Strong working knowledge of networking concepts, the OSI model, firewalls, ACLs, load balancers, packet capture utilities such as Wireshark
- Strong working knowledge and experience responding to host-based threats and risks, including ransomware
- Strong working knowledge and experience with log analysis using a SIEM including writing and tuning rules for alerts, reading and interpreting logs from various platforms including Linux, Windows, and networking appliances
- Working knowledge of EDR and Anti-Malware technology and platforms is required.
- 5 years experience working as a SOC analyst or incident response role is required
- 7 years total experience in IT or cyber security is required
- Experience with Carbon Black is highly desirable
- Highly desirable for the candidate to have a security certification such as CISSP, CISM, GSEC, CEH, CISA or other.
- Experience managing and leading small teams is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of AWS and Microsoft Azure environments and concepts is desirable.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge