*US Residency and working authorization required The Role
The Alliances Partner Manager (APM) is responsible for establishing business alliances and partnerships within a key Alliance Partner and the HV Sales Teams. As the local execution lead for the Americas, the role ensures the identification, retention, growth and customer satisfaction of strategic business, working in sync with all three Hitachi Business Segments - Platinum/Enterprise/Commercial. The Alliances PM maintains a highly interactive relationship within the key Americas regions to achieve ongoing initiatives. The APM works with internal departments on contracts, marketing plans, sales and technical enablement, interaction between named partner and Hitachi sales teams, as well as PO tracking and execution.
The APM is accountable for achieving revenue objectives within the account. They provide support with the Americas leadership and coordinate all operational aspects of the assigned National Partner which includes tactical and strategic planning, leadership relationship development and operational oversight with laser focus on driving revenue. Facilitation and coordination with other National and Global Leads, managing of programs and joint selling with other geo-based teams responsible for the assigned partner(s) that continually seeks to improve its performance, and drive America's revenue. Responsibilities
• Develop a business strategy which covers short, medium, and long-term durations. The strategy will include: prioritizing strategic solutions for key industry business verticals, building a go to solution strategy, driving/managing field engagement with the partner teams, aligning top executives and managing an active pipeline necessary to exceed assigned quota.
• Establish medium and long-term business objectives including investment plans and company-level strategy shifts required to significantly grow the Partner and Hitachi Vantara's (HV) business.
• Passionately own/manage assignment of all primary executive relationships as part of the broader strategic direction.
• Spend 80% of available time in the pursuit of opportunities by having daily contact with both Alliance vendor and HV account teams.
• Establish solid relationships at all levels within the assigned accounts and direct account related activities to ultimately achieve better account control than the competition. Provide quarterly QBR's with assigned executive sponsors from HV and the Partner executives
• Lead the development of a strategic plan, in collaboration with HV Sales Teams, to advance the company's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth for the partner.
• Create and maintain a high priority pipeline and forecast that tracks strategic and tactical revenue opportunities. On a periodic and formal basis, reports financial results and business initiative progress to the sales and Channel leadership team.
• Evangelize and engage with HV Field Sales to educate on Named Partner Capabilities and promote the engagement across sales teams.
• Building a strategy for the overall business that include both CAPEX and OPEX (consumption) sales models.
• Drive a plan to achieve assigned quota by defining necessary activities, key relationships, and strategic solutions to exceed sales targets. Qualifications
• A minimum of seven years' experience to include directly managing a ISV / Alliances Vendor OR working for an Alliances Partner
• Proven track record of sales success, achieving quotas, thinking big and growing revenue streams in the Indirect market
• Executive presence and ability to influence (sell) to all levels within Channel Partners, customers, and our internal organization.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a highly complex, matrix work environments with multiple stakeholders.
• Must have a strong executive presence and demonstrate the ability to generate and maintain relationships at all levels within the Alliances.
• Flexibility to travel globally 50% of the time.
• Inspiring communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
• Must be able to lead a virtual team of technicians, service colleagues, finance support personnel and partners to effectively manage an overall sales campaign. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge