Job Title - Internal Auditor
Meet our Team
The Hitachi Vantara Internal Audit Department performs assurance services for the Audit Committee as well as process improvement consulting engagements for the Management. In addition, Internal Audit manages J-SOX activities collaborating closely with the External Auditor and the parent company in Japan. The team is spread over various locations in AMER, EMEA and APAC. You will have an opportunity to work with experienced and dedicated audit professionals, who are experts in various fields and hold multiple certifications: CIA, CISA, CFE, CISSP, CRMA, CPA, CA and more.
What you'll be doing
This role reports to the Manager of Internal Audit in the US, and will perform, support, and lead diverse types of audits and consulting engagements, including but not limited to global end-to-end process reviews, sales office audits, J-SOX activities, operational reviews, and system implementation reviews. In particular, the Senior Internal Auditor will:
• Understand organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identify risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs
• Prepare high quality work papers, write reports or other deliverables timely and professionally to adequately and clearly document testing, support conclusions, communicate findings and recommendations
• Identify risks and improvement opportunities in the organization, exercise judgment while evaluating audit findings and provide meaningful, high impact recommendations for management to improve process and operational efficiencies, including reducing the possibility of fraud, and mitigate risks
• Influence process owners and stakeholders to improve operations and enhance controls. Validate the completion and closure of agreed remediation and management actions as needed
• Working on multiple priorities/projects for on-time delivery, proactively providing status of all activities to Internal Audit management and relevant business stakeholders
• Execute special assignments to support the wider needs of the Internal Audit team or other business functions
• Execute complex technology audits such as corporate and product cybersecurity, cloud security, IT governance, and vendor security
• Adopt data-driven audit approaches - gain proficiency in internal data analytics tools, analyze complete populations and data sets, and set up continuous auditing for processes of interest
The candidate should have good knowledge of J-SOX or US SOX requirements, internal audit, and accounting practices. The candidate should be able to work collaboratively across various departments, regions, and cultures.
We are looking for a team member who is excited to join an organization that is transforming quickly and who wants to make an impact on changes in Internal Audit and the overall organization.
What you bring to the team
• Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex business problems while building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders
• Ability to work independently and effectively, experience in leading audits, excellent time management and organizational skills. Experience of shared service centre environments is desirable
• You are an "out-of-the box" thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing work environments, priorities, and deadlines
• Recent 3-5 years of experience in internal audit, internal control or accounting firm consulting/advisory is required (Big 4 background is preferred)
• Bachelor's Degree in Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or Information Technology
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English proficiency/fluency required)
• An accounting or audit certification e.g., CIA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent preferred. IT certifications such as CISA, CISSP, CompTIA Security +, CCSK, CCAK, CIPP, CIPT are highly preferred.
• Proficiency in IT General and Application Controls, system implementation reviews, and a solid understanding of business systems such as ERP, CRM and CPQ applications is highly preferred.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge