The candidate will be a member of our cloud and datacenter infrastructure team. As part of a global DevSecOps organization, you will also be involved in agile development of custom automation modules, tools, and frameworks. What you'll be doing
What you will bring to the team
- Designing and developing infrastructure automation using both Ansible and Terraform.
- GitOps based infrastructure as code that is triggered using Jenkins or Github Actions.
- AWS, Azure, or GCP administration including security/resource groups and identity access management (IAM).
- Manage cloud-based network components across various cloud providers, regions, and availability zones.
- Understanding of Kubernetes architecture, operations, and surrounding tools including kubeadm, Helm, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Docker file, image, and containerized application administration.
- Reducing cloud spend by suggesting automated and auto-scaling strategies.
- Experience with agile or Kanban software development methodologies.
- Virtualized Linux installation and systems administration using shell scripting and automation tools.
- Familiarity with administering various Linux distributions including RHEL, Rocky Linux, and Ubuntu.
- Management of on-premise VMs using VMWare vCenter and RedHat Enterprise Virtualization.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains
- Preferred candidates 5+ years of technical experience in DevSecOps or engineering operations
- 5+ years of experience with cloud infrastructure and/or data center operations
- 3+ years of experience with supporting enterprise Cloud applications, infrastructure, and infrastructure as code
- 3+ years of experience with at least one infrastructure automation tool (Ansible or Terraform)
- Experience with cloud and on-prem networking configuration and administration.
- Solid experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux based environments.
- Awareness of monitoring, metrics, and observability platform technologies like Datadog, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Zabbix, or Nagios.
- Strong scripting skills, including shell scripts, Python, Helm, etc.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes technologies both on-prem and the various cloud-native implementations.
- Implementation of disaster recovery best practices both on-prem and in the cloud.
- A passion for technology, automation, and innovation.
- Must be able to self-manage, balance priorities, and act independently with minimal supervision.
- Good communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to work with globally distributed teams in a collaborative and proactive manner.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge