Meet our Team
The Central EMEA presales team are a group of experts that engage with our customers and act as the technical design authority, trusted advisor and solution evangelist. The Solutions Consultants are a key part of Hitachi Vantara in Switzerland - a diverse team across Sales, PreSales, Managed Services, Support and Operations. The Presales Team collaborates to ensure the success of our customers. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Articulating our industry leading solutions, which include Data Centre/Storage, Coverged & Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Privat Cloud and IaaS.
Working with our enterprise customers, translating business needs into technical requirements. Developing and presenting a technical vision, business case and physical solution specifically modelled for the client.
Supporting our Enterprise Account Managers and owning the technical elements of all sales cycles with our largest customers in the region.
The Solutions Consultant (SC) is a technical professional who leads the Hitachi Vantara Presales effort to build customer-centric and business outcome value propositions. The SC provides opportunity-based transactional technical engagement on key deals. The SC builds and nurtures relationships with key partners by helping them optimize their investments in Hitachi Vantara solutions. Job Responsibilities
- Conduct and/or evaluate an assessment of customer business requirements as provided by the customer and/or sales colleagues (Hitachi Vantara or Partner)
- Apply knowledge of customer business requirements to lead the creation of a technical opportunity strategy
- Understand the ecosystem of solution providers and ISVs that are likely to positively influence partner and customer decisions
- Determine with the Hitachi Vantara Account Manager if an opportunity shall be Hitachi Vantara or Partner-led, and proceed accordingly
- Assist the Account Managers (and Channel Partners) in moving deals through the sales process
- Orchestrate and engage all technical resources; Hitachi Vantara and/or partner
- Communicate with Post-Sales teams and provide adequate documentation for clear handoff to the Post-Sales organizations (partners and customers) where appropriate
- Increase foundational/advanced knowledge of products and solutions over time that are typically positioned through specialty groups (e.g. Data Management/Protection, Data Intelligence, Virtualization and Applications) while relying on the TE team for current complex design support
- Network effectively and build trust and confidence among partners, customers and peers
What you bring to the team
- Act in an increasingly consultative fashion and enhance their role as a trusted technical advisor to the customer and to our partners
- A background in Enterprise Presales (5 years+) with focus on IT solution offerings - spanning storage through to the newer Converged, Hyper Converged and IaaS solutions we are proposing to customers.
- Strong knowledge of the Hitachi Vantara portfolio or a comparable portfolio of other companies/competitors
- The right mix of technical, interpersonal and communication skills to engage with our clients buying audience. To run workshops, illicit requirements and then evangelise the solutions.
- Fluent in German and in English
- A track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets throughout your sales career, illustrating your persistent focus on supporting customers to realise required business outcomes
- An ability to build virtual teams around you to create and deliver innovative solutions - we are all here to support your success!
- A passion for industry trends and a rounded point of view on business and how technology is an enabler. A desire to share that expertise with your customers, presenting the business benefits of technology solutions.
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations, and prioritize effectively with minimal supervision
- Independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for achieving objectives
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi Family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what is now to what is next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (e.g. generous pension, private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we would love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge