Meet our Team
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Vice President (VP) of Communications will be responsible for the development of Hitachi Vantara's communication strategy and will contribute to the company's strategic planning process. Leading a global team, the VP of Communications will develop a world-class communications plan, encompassing communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization's brand reputation. The VP of Communications will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of functions and activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership. This individual will be an ambassador for Hitachi Vantara, our strategic vision and help to refine our evolving narrative across media relations, analyst relations, social media and thought leadership.
Preferred location is US Remote but would like to be in Central, Mountain or Pacific time zones. Good to know: While we value all industry experience, we are targeting IT/OT backgrounds at this time. This is not a marketing role. It is high level corporate PR communications position. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance Hitachi Vantara's brand identity and corporate vision; broaden awareness of its technology portfolio; and increase awareness across key influencer audiences
- Lead global teams of PR, External Comms, Analyst Relations, Social Media and other communications functions
- Manage Global communications agencies to optimize Hitachi Vantara's share of voice and reputation in global markets
- Create communications strategy that will allow Hitachi Vantara leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including customers, the media and key influencers
- Serve as communications counselor to Hitachi Vantara leadership
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the communications function including budgeting, planning and staff development
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Support Hitachi Vantara's values of diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and harmony
Please Note: While we value all industry experience, we are targeting IT/OT backgrounds at this time. This is not a marketing role. It is high level corporate PR communications.Our Company
This role is designed for someone who has a passion for shaping the awareness, narrative and image of our evolving company. This person should have an analytical mind and creative spirit, attention to detail, the ability to lead a team as they tackle tasks big and small and keep calm under pressure, and dedication to driving demonstrable results. They also should possess intellectual curiosity and a strong interest in the technology industry. Also, this role requires:
- A minimum of 10-15 years of senior communications experience
- Familiarity working closely with the CEO and/or senior leaders of a large organization and with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing, building and mentoring global teams
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, Hitachi executives, Board of Directors and staff
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge