Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
The Executive Assistant to the President of the Digital Solutions Business Unit (DSBU) and the Chief Digital Solutions Officer will be responsible for handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks that vary in complexity and sensitivity. The Executive Assistant will be a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The position requires the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; copying, reviewing outside mail, scanning and filing documents, screening phone calls and visitors, updating Outlook contacts, maintaining executive files, arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Anticipate the executives' needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support the executives in addressing these issues.
• Complete critical aspects of deliverables and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem solving; making adjustments to plans.
• Enhance executives' and company's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Represent the executives by welcoming visitors, arranging company dinners and other corporate functions; answering questions and meeting requests directed to the executive office.
• Manage logistics of DSBU off-site meetings and assist with any department meetings as needed.
• Manage external contacts; proactively understanding who they are, who the primary contacts are and keeping track of periodic communication needed for primary contacts.
• Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
• Effectively handle DSBU-related activities and communications with a high degree of professionalism, accuracy and confidentiality.
• Perform additional duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
• At least 8+ years of executive administrative support experience.
• Excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills are essential
• Polished professional having experience (minimum 8 years) supporting a C-level, fast-paced executive.
• High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to handle confidential information accordingly is crucial in this role.
• Demonstrated success where personal results and accountability are evident
• Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Strong sense of teamwork.
• Can operate independently and remotely from a supervisor.
• Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Proficient with technology including mobile devices
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge