Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Accounts Payable and Receivables Administrator ROLE
The Accounts Payable/Receivables Administrator position will report to the Plant Controller and, at a broad level, be responsible for Payables (i.e. processing payments, and controlling expenses by receiving, processing verifying and reconciling vendor invoices) and Receivables (i.e. processing payment and collections). The position is located in Effingham, Illinois. RESPONSIBILITIES - Payables :
RESPONSIBILITIES - Receivables :
- Understanding of 3-way matching principle.
- Verify that invoices, check requests and expense reports have complete information and the necessary approvals prior to processing.
- Research prior/past due balances noted on invoices to determine if prior balances have been paid or not. If not yet paid, contacts appropriate parties to ensure backup is obtained and put through normal review and approval process to ensure outstanding balances are resolved appropriately and timely.
- Answer Accounts Payable phone inquiries and emails.
- General clerical duties as related to job responsibilities (data entry, collating, photo copying, filing, etc.).
- Match vendor invoices with packing slips.
- Prepare invoices for weekly check run report.
- Sets up, maintain and file all AP files and paperwork, electronically.
- Resolve purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Support miscellaneous projects as assigned by the Plant Controller.
- Review vendor statements and fully resolve issues.
- Assist in monthly closings, including A/P pick-ups.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
- Prepare and manually process customer payments (predominantly with parent company).
- Manage the A/R aging - resolve past due items, respond to emails /work with parent company, sales, and customer service to resolve any invoice or payment disputes.
- Resolve invalid or unauthorized deductions.
- Prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations, and related A/R aging schedules.
- Accounting degree preferred, but an Associate degree may be acceptable provided the person has adequate work experience. Minimum 2+ years of experience in A/P and office clerical work preferred. Moderate Excel skills preferred. Exposure to SAP preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, flexible, organized has a high level of integrity.
- Goal oriented in team environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Positive work attitude.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement