Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Senior Accountant ROLE
The Senior Accountant will report to the Plant Controller and, at a broad level, be responsible for and/or assist with general accounting duties including, but not limited to Treasury, Fixed Assets and the monthly accounting close process. In addition, the position will coordinate / support internal and external audits (including J-SOX) as needed, support internal reporting to our Japanese parent, and certain other periodic duties. This position requires only a general knowledge of IFRS and/or GAAP accounting matters. The position is located in Effingham, Illinois. RESPONSIBILITIES - Treasury :
RESPONSIBILITIES - Fixed Assets :
- Manage day-to-day activities in treasury functions to meet the financial obligations of the organization
- Prepares journal entries for cash / banking activities
- Provide cash projections
- Facilitate proper segregation of duties with respect to internet banking and bank account access
- Prepare month-end bank reconciliations
- Annual 1099 reporting
- Support interim and annual audits
RESPONSIBILITIES - Month-end Close and Other :
- Approve Capital requests in SharePoint - create AUCs, settle orders, record disposals
- Update spend / mid-term reporting to Japan
- Review open Purchase order commitments in support of capital forecasts
- Run month-end depreciation
- Month end reconciliation of the fixed asset general ledger accounts to the sub-ledger
- Prepare fixed asset roll forwards
- Track / monitor asset tagging and periodic asset physicals
- Year- end fixed asset close
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including reviewing transactions and costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations, consolidating financials and financial reports
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review, recommendation and implementation of process and system changes
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and internal control policies in a J-SOX environment
- Annual update of process narratives, and segregation of duties analysis, and annual updates of user access reviews
- Coordinate and support external auditors and internal auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Prepare month end journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for various asset and liability accounts
- Responsible for the chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger
- Assist with annual budget and monthly forecast preparation
- Support the Plant Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Periodic duties and/or back up responsibilities that occur from time-to-time include:
- Supporting physical inventories
- Approving day-to-day disbursements
- Write purchase requisitions for accounting department
- Create and maintain vendors
- Review and approve travel and expense reports
- Prepare periodic sales and use tax reporting
- Assist with insurance renewal / coordination with insurance providers
Bachelor's Degree in Business with and emphasis in Accounting / Finance. Three+ years accounting experience. Experience in manufacturing industry strongly preferred. Experience in the general ledger area and process improvement preferred also. Must have strong skills in Excel. Moderate experience with Word and PowerPoint. Exposure to SAP preferred. QUALIFICATIONS :
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Supervisory skills a plus.
- Self-starter, flexible, organized has a high level of integrity.
- Goal oriented in team environment.
- Proficiency in analysis, process improvement, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Ability to travel as needed (i.e.: off-site warehouses to support physical inventories, audits or J-SOX needs)
- Ability to read and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Supervisors, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The responsibilities, duties, and minimum requirements are summary level in nature, and in no way imply that these are the only duties and requirements of this role. This position may be required to take on other duties, and/or obtain other skills in the accounting / finance area, as requested by the Plant Controller. BENEFITS :
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement