As a Senior Controls Engineer, you will work with some of the most talented engineers in the automation industry. This role will enable you to facilitate projects while integrating some of the most state of the art robotics & technology available. The innovative solutions we work on offer diverse experiences that will strengthen your skills and challenge your abilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead technical engineer in development of advanced controls systems designs, i.e. robotics, vision systems, SCADA applications and high-level languages for various types of automated equipment.
- Assist with the successful management of assigned projects as they relate to cost, quality, timing and customer satisfaction.
- Recognize and implement design and workflow improvements.
- Evaluate problems, determine corrective actions, set plans, execute plans and develop root cause analyses.
- Troubleshoot robot controllers, ladder logic, electrical control devices, mechanical units, transfer devices and peripheral equipment.
- Perform machine power up, debug and programming.
- Ensure equipment is designed and programmed to specifications using standard techniques and approach.
Note: This list of responsibilities is not inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field OR Associates degree (2-year) with 2+ years of related experience
- 5+ years of related experience
Skills You’ll Have:
- Experience with any the following: PLC's, HMI's, Robotics, Mechatronics, Motion Control, Vision Systems and/or Programming.
- Knowledge to lead others.
- Ability to lead simultaneous projects and/or large projects.
- Experience with CAD (i.e. AutoCAD Electrical)
- Travel up to 25% to customer sites & other JR locations
- May represent the organization in communications and conferences.
- Lead teams and influence project direction and progress.
- Serve as a technical expert in the department and may mentor/train developing engineers.
- Covid-19 Disclaimer: The health & safety of everyone at JR Automation is critical to our success. As an essential employee, you will work onsite at one of our facilities and follow the policies & practices in the JR Automation Covid-19 Safe Work Playbook. Social distancing, mask-wearing, and capacity limits are a few of the strategies we utilize.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!