Job Title: Services Sales Principal
Location: Hong Kong
Reporting To: Regional Services Sales Lead in Shenzhen, China
The Services Sales Principal is the primary sales lead for all services opportunities in their respective Geographic Territory. The role works closely with Hitachi Vantara Sales Teams, Service Delivery Managers, Solution Architects and Practice Principals to grow and manage services business. The Services Sales Principle will position our Professional Services and Managed Service offerings, including As-a-Service Offerings in partnership with selling team. This is achieved by understanding the customer's desired outcomes for each of the respective buying centers and positioning Hitachi services solutions to successfully achieve those outcomes.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Works collaboratively with Hitachi sales teams, in consultation with the relevant Practice Principals to implement impactful services sales by effectively managing account planning strategies, opportunity pursuits and development of proposals to achieve services sales growth and profitability
• Serves as the Services Expert and thought leader on the selling team for credibility and effectiveness.
• Positions Hitachi's offering by understanding the customer's key strategies, business drivers, current micro and macro-economic trends, industry trends and thoroughly understanding of how the customer competes in their marketplace and industry.
• Uses strong business acumen and knowledge of IT/Digital Transformation requirements to develop appropriate customer relationships within various customer buying centers. Clearly establish the strategic IT and other business needs of the customer and how they can be satisfied by the Hitachi business model.
• Drives bid to strategies with Hitachi sales teams, ecosystem partners and customers to maximise profitable engagement and win rates.
• Responsible for the creation of business cases and ROI in response to $0 Rev project requests
• Identifies, qualifies and develops potential sources of revenue for Services solutions.
• Engages relevant Practice Principals and other key services resources to ensure that opportunities are competitively positioned, the value of the proposal is effectively communicated to the customer and both deal wins and profitability are maximized.
• Ensure accuracy, completeness, profitability and deliverability aspects of all services quotes and bids before the offer goes out (end control). Supports the Sales Account Team by owning the services sales cycle including the development and production of the right strategy and responses to RFIs, RFPs and RFQs.
• Regularly meet with the Service Delivery Managers and the Customer Success organization to remain up to date and across customer satisfaction and escalations in accounts. Develop effective networks within each prospective customer at all levels where most appropriate to ensure Hitachi is the principal consideration for any future solution requirements.
• Accurately and regularly forecasts services pipeline for effective support of the business strategy in the CRM OneView tool. Ensures that any gaps between current position and goal are proactively and regularly assessed with strategies and tactics developed to address those gaps.
• Ensures all plans, opportunities and strategies are documented and up to date in the relevant account planning tool.
• Supports the broader Hitachi team where required, including providing relevant information for customer success stories and references and supports marketing initiatives as required.
• Achieves assigned services booking targets
• Pipeline and Forecast accuracy
• Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by Hitachi management.
• Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned timeframes.
• Bachelor or similar degree required
• A minimum of 7 years' IT experience, with at least 3 years spent selling and managing medium to high value IT services programs. Previously worked for a technology vendor, Software or Systems Integration company or an IT Consultancy.
• Proven track record or meeting and exceeding sales targets.
• A solid knowledge and practical experience of data management including storage, integration, content, security products. A top performer in presenting service offerings including "As a service" offerings to assist customers with their business outcomes.
• A good understanding of and experience with consultative or solutions selling techniques.
• Experienced with the development and implementation of Services Sales Programs/Campaigns
• Be an accomplished communicator and influencer, able to work with customers, users, senior level management, sales and peers.
• Possess the ability to resolve issues and conflicts, as well as be able to take ownership when faced with challenging situations.
• Highly proficient in written and spoken business English and applicable local languages.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.