Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Help build a Site Reliability Engineering culture by sharing your best practices, approaches, documentation, and code with other engineering teams;
- Apply automation and software to any tasks or parts of the system that would benefit from it or are performed manually;
- Able to troubleshoot complicated issues handling OS, Networking, Database in a cloud-based SaaS environment/on-premises environment and handle live production incidents, debug/troubleshoot application and infrastructure issues, follow and implement SRE best practices;
- Monitor application performance, take steps to improve overall application performance and stability and follow through with implementation;
- Conduct system analysis, configuration management and develops improvements for system software performance, availability and reliability;
- Design, write, ship, and motivate the creation of software and systems to increase observability, product reliability and organizational efficiency;
- Work closely with software engineers and QAs to ensure the system is responding properly to no-functional requirements such as performance, security, and availability;
- Document your system knowledge as you acquire it over time, create runbooks, and ensure critical system information is readily available to those who need it;
- Maintain and monitoring deployment, orchestration, of the servers, docker containers, databases, and general backend infrastructure;
- Keep up-to-date with security and proactively identify, diagnose, and solve complex security issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ yrs experience in full-stack application support/DevOps/SRE role
- Experience in Microsoft development stack and leveraging SQL Server, .NET/C#, and IIS for enterprise software technology a plus (Messaging Platform)
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Powershell and/or Python
- Understanding of email principles inclusive of: SMTP, DNS (tiny), deliverability best practices, PMTA configuration is a plus
- Ability to distill technical and complex principles or scenarios to all levels of our organization
- Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and the tools involved such as CI/CD concepts, CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CodePipeline, etc.), automation and configuration tools (Puppet, Ansible, etc) a plus.
- Knowledge of public clouds (GCP, AWS, Azure) inclusive of implementing projects on public clouds a plus.
- Ability to self-govern workload and show discipline around priority and time management, even while working remotely or in the absence of direct management for an extended period of time
- Ability and willingness to adapt to new application stacks and new technology concepts as the business evolves over time
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to collaborate with local and remote teams in different time zones
- Ability to present/lead technical discussions.
Ability to work under US East Coast schedule
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge