Global Logic Project
Global Logic an independent subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd. that provides software product design and development services is looking to hire a Senior Java Backend Engineer to work on our digital marketing solutions to deliver the best insight experience for our major customer.
Software Development Engineering (High Tech) focus on developing multiple types/categories of software including end-user applications and operating systems/utility software, that provides a platform for running end user applications for sale to external customers. What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring to the Team
- Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 6 years previous work experience and relevant experience in internet architecture and software development.
- Hands-on experience for the following languages: Core Java, backend development using Java
- Expertise in object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Direct experience in database design, SQL, and any ORM tool.
- Conducting requirements gathering and analysis to understand the domain of the software problem and/or functionality, the interfaces between hardware and software, and the overall software characteristics.
- Using programming, scripting, and/or database languages to write the software code.
- Supporting software testing, deployment, maintenance, and evolution activities by correcting programming errors, responding to scope changes, and coding software enhancements.
- Applying knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in TDD-based development.
- Exposure in any XML technology.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to function well in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues/problems.
- Must be an initiative-taking, self-directed, self-motivated, detailed, adaptive learner, and organized.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are enthusiastic about powering social good, we would love to hear from you. With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge