Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. Position Overview:
This resource will be a key contributor to our Digital Modernization practice and will have the below responsibilities:
• Lead & own all technical aspects of system development including the integration, extension and upgrade of existing systems.
• Strategically shape the technical roadmap definition, establish engineering best practices and provide a managerial perspective and direction.
• Provide in-depth technical and hands-on leadership in the design and development of comprehensive, business oriented solutions.
• Evaluate and select the right technologies, rapidly develop prototypes and oversee the technical aspects of systems development and operations.
• Manage the development process to ensure that design standards are being followed, application requirements are fully implemented, technologies are efficiently and correctly implemented and a high level of maintainability and extensibility is achieved.
• Manage the execution and support multiple concurrent projects and ensure deadlines are met.
• Lead team meetings, stand-ups and architecture/design discussion.
• Serve as a mentor and coach for leads and developers, and either oversee and/or perform design code reviews of the technical work and coding.
• Continually be seeking to identify and recommend areas of improvement in our solutions, technology stacks, SDLC and development processes and take full managerial ownership to make them better.
• Perform other related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
• General consulting skills including: analysis and problem solving, written and verbal communication, and team collaboration.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
• Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
• Experience in full life-cycle of software development or methodology such as RUP or Agile; requirements analysis, design, development, testing and implementation
• Experience leading and managing teams of developers
• Experience working in a global delivery model leveraging offshore locations
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience in Custom Application Design & Development utilizing Java, J2EE, UNIX/Linux, PL/SQL, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Algorithms and Optimizations, Object-Oriented design, Shell scripting
• 3+ years of expertise in Service Oriented Design & implementing RESTful APIs in n-tier architectures
• 1+ year of experience in designing and scaling cloud-based applications (Amazon Web Services).
• 1+ year of experience in designing and developing microservices using serverless pattern (AWS Lambda functions/Typescript)
• 1+ year of experience in DevOps and infrastructure automation (Terraform/CloudFormation)
• Understanding of Agile software development, Continuous Integration, GIT workflow and version control (Jira/Perforce/SVN/Bugzilla/GIT/GitFlow)
• Proficient with SOAP, WSDL, XSD, JSON, Web services and XML
• Experience with Integration Testing, Unit Test frameworks, and Test Automation tools
• Experience with JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat servers Good to Have:
• Experience with Content Management Platforms (Adobe AEM, TeamSite etc.)
• Experience and knowledge of SOA/micro-services (using Spring Framework)
• Experience with Mobile Frameworks and Mobile App Development (Responsive, iOS, Android etc.)
• Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Terraform, CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef and Puppet
• Experience with optimization of queuing and message brokers (JMS, ActiveMQ, Qpid, RabbitMQ)
• Data Modeling skills, preferably using both Relational (Oracle, MySQL etc.) and NoSQL (Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.)
• Database knowledge and working experience with MySQL/MongoDB/ ElasticSearch/ Redis
• Configuration and deployment experience in the following:
o AWS apps technologies such as RDS, ElasticBeanstalk, DynamoDB, RedShift,SNS, SQS
o AWS IaaS Technologies such as ECS, S3, EBS, ELB, VPC, Route 53, API Gateway Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge