Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.Leadership Role Summary:
- Ensure the team happiness and maximize the outcome of the design center.
- Ensure the correct deployment of the process and methodology. The Site leader will be also the first advocate of the Design System. The leader will be responsible for the team backlog.
- Collaborate to other Site Team Leader to optimize the outcome of the entire Design Delivery Team.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, Product & Solution Marketing and Engineering from ideation through the implementation of new products and features.
- Be a leader, show the example.
Individual Role Summary:
• Identify and understand the challenges facing users of Hitachi Vantara products
• Develop, prototype, and test new products and features to solve these problems
• Develop user personas through interviews and observational research that define their attitudes, motivations, behaviors, and goals
• Build empathy for users of assigned products through in-person interactions and job shadowing, and define problems to address
• Facilitate cross-functional team in brainstorming ideas to solve user problems
• Translate ideas rapidly into high-level designs and user journey flows that address the issue while contributing to holistic user experience within the product
• Refine designs and user journey flows to incorporate Hitachi Vantara-wide standards (e.g., security, interoperability across the portfolio)
• Collaborate with Experience Designers to translate designs and user journey flows into prototypes for new products, experiences, and features
• Develop appropriate test plans to assess product design and usability
• Lead usability testing in collaboration with User Researcher and refine design accordingly
• Analyse post-launch user data to identify opportunities to improve UX
Target Competencies & Skills
• 8+ years of experience in Product design and/or UX design.
• Demonstrated ability to apply design thinking methodologies to new product and feature innovation
• Proven ability to conduct a team, and analyse user research that drives design decisionsOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge