Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What You Will Be Doing
As a Customer Support Engineer, you will work individually and as part of a team to provide technical support, account co-ordination, problem determination and installation support to the Hitachi Vantara Customer base, as well as interlock and support the Sales and System Engineer organization in the region. Responsible for performing basic break/fix repairs following specific documented procedures such as replacing failed media and other spares on all Hitachi Vantara products and certain third-party products. Maintains a high technical expertise of all Hitachi products. Responsible for customer relationships and detailed problem analysis. Provides direction and acts as a mentor to more junior Customer Support Engineers for initial problem determination and resolution. Experience with Hitachi or like storage, SAN and network environments, is a plus. Must have basics of today's technology platforms in the storage arena. Operating Systems knowledge is a plus. Responsibilities:
What You Bring To The Team
- Act as the customer's primary contact point for issues & questions.
- Act as a consultant for Professional Services.
- Manage the implementation of additional hardware and software provided by Hitachi Vantara.
- Manage completion of preventive maintenance and provision of engineering changes and software updates.
- Manage the resolution of all incidents relating to the Hitachi supported infrastructure.
- Coordinate the activities of third-parties supporting Hitachi at the customer.
- Provide out-of-hours support as necessary to maintain good customer service.
- Maintain Hitachi Vantara Hardware and Software.
- Develop the incident action plan.
- Coordinate activities to ensure root cause identification and incident resolution, including timely escalation to support groups & management.
- Issue regular written updates to the customer.
- Proper use of Salesforce and effective use of Hitachi knowledge management systems.
- Ensure effective team work and communication in all engagements - with customer staff, Hitachi account teams and services colleagues.
- University, technical college or trade school training in Computer Science or Information Technology (or equivalent education) with previous experience as Consultant/Engineer.
- Previous experience as a Storage Engineer or equivalent end user experience with Hitachi Vantara or competitor-products (preferably EMC, NetApp, IBM, HP).
- Wide experience in Server, OS, Network, Vmware, SAN and Storage environment and interested in new software related solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Very precise and detail-oriented.
- Quick learner.
- Lots of initiative - "independent" worker.
- Must be able to work weekends and nights for on-call duty.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and work around heavy boxes and equipment.
The expected base salary for this position in our Colorado office is $71,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions." Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge