Support the quality and process of commissioning activity on the Proton Beam Therapy System, which will include the following responsibilities:
- Perform test, inspection, adjustment and commissioning of equipment installed in the newly built Proton Beam Therapy System at the National Cancer Centre in Singapore. Examples of the equipment include accelerator systems, irradiation systems, devices for patient alignment and safety interlock systems.
- Verify control of the whole system after the test, inspection and adjustment of equipment is complete.
- Perform safety tests so that transportation operation of proton beam can be adjusted.
- Adjust transport a proton beam, after the adjustment and verification of the whole systems are completed.
- Adjust the parameters of equipment installed in the accelerator system based on information acquired from the monitor of accelerator system on the console.
- Measure and evaluate the irradiation system integrity, distribution, and positioning accuracy of a volume of proton beam for patient treatment with special measuring equipment, after the transportation adjustment for proton beam is complete.
- Verify the system integrity from reception through completion of treatment (without patient).
- Interface with relevant groups of site organization and customer, and assist with commissioning, coordination and performance verification of equipment of the Proton Beam Therapy System in accordance with the test specifications, commissioning procedures.
- Prepare records as directed in the drawings or commissioning procedures for commissioning activities under the guidance of the Commissioning Engineer.
- Revise the testing and inspection procedures as directed.
- Prepare drafts of the nonconformance report, submit the non-conformance report to the Chief Supervisor of commissioning when the non-conformance is found during commissioning. Submit the non-conformance report to the Site QA after obtaining review from the Chief Supervisor and approval from the Site QA.
- Issue the inspection report (or non-conformance report) to obtain view or instruction from the responsible departments where applicable. Confirm the instruction for corrective action by the responsible departments and restart commissioning.
- Submit the inspection report or non-conformance report, including the corrective action taken, to Chief Supervisor of commissioning.
- Diploma/Technical Certification in Engineering or a related discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Field Measurement, etc.) required or equivalent
- 2 years work experience
- Flexibility to work shift work
- Must demonstrate ability to work well with various personnel demonstrating a good attitude and ability to work successfully as a member of the team.
- Experience in setting up test equipment and performing tests on systems such as safety interlock systems
- Support of trouble shooting construction/installation problems
- Experience providing maintaining services for medical devices, industrial plants, or nuclear power equipment
- Interpretation of technical drawings, sketches, wiring diagrams and piping diagrams.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of calibration, metrology, and other technical equipment.