JR Automation is seeking a Quality/Weld Engineer for our Ogden, UT location.
What you will do:
- Lead the incoming inspection activities for the Setpoint Division.
- Establish and implement a standard for receiving inspections that dictates frequency of inspections, quantity, and review of critical features according to the different industry standards that each automation system must maintain.
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Conduct external audits of the vendors who make up 90% of the division’s incoming volume. Train to the same standard of records submittals.
- Conduct inspections of incoming welds/weldments as well as inspections of vendor processes and welding personnel.
- Review compliance of documentation submitted by vendors to include material certifications, weld procedures, welder qualifications and other required documentation that must be maintained by Setpoint.
- Ensure the timely disposition and root cause analysis for Non-Conformance Reporting (NCR). Disposition of NCR same day for normal circumstances.
- Support the implementation of ISO 9001:2015 standards at two facility locations. Once achieved, audit, and maintain certification status.
- Work with customers, employees, contractors, and outsourcing firms to align internal and external project requirements related to quality.
- Understand when and how to effectively deploy Project Compliance Matrix.
- Analyze and negotiate requirements concerning Design Evaluation.
- Ensure requirements gathering and documenting is complete before final concept design approval.
- Plan, develop and execute Continuous Improvement activities utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Train others in Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies with emphasis on problem identification, establishing base lines, and root cause analysis.
- Maintain records of each piece of equipment scheduled for calibration in the calibration system.
Note: This list of responsibilities is not inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent, from a College, University, or Technical School: preferably in Systems Engineering or Quality Assurance.
- Have worked and performed audits in an ISO 9001 quality management system environment for 1 – 2 years.
- Knowledge of ASTM, AWS, ASME, ASNT, and AISC standards.
- Experience developing welding processes (WPS, PQR, WPQR) that were reviewed and approved by an Authorized Inspector (CWI).
- In depth knowledge and hands-on experience working with GD&T.
- Six Sigma Green Belt for a minimum of 1 year.
- Proven ability to accept and give direction, set expectations, and hold team members accountable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Minitab CI.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form. Solid presentation skills.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!