JR Automation is looking for an Assembly Operations Leader for our Ogden, Utah location
What You’ll Do:
- Direct supervision of the Build Leads and other assembly staff. Assembly operations personnel planning of BU40 & 41 assembly personnel. (Which currently varies between 24-60 fluctuating with full-time employees and temporary staff based on resource requirements by projects).
- Manages projects across all locations. Coordinates weekly resource planning to ensure full utilization of Build Team.
- Coordinate and prioritize resources as needed for facilities, manufacturing and logistics.
- Monitors the fleet vehicles monthly service checks. Ensures they are up-to-date with proper safety inspection and maintenance.
- Work cross functionally with all departments to achieve successful outcomes on projects.
- Plan, direct, organize and control the build process and related costs.
- Ensure that changes and problems get documented and communicated.
- Support project managers with customer service, runoffs, planning, and status reporting. The Build Manager may be required to assume some responsibilities of the Project Manager on an as needed basis.
- Strive to achieve the highest level of performance from team members as it relates to their individual ability.
- Promote training and the use of the 3 build development modules.
- Support, promote, and execute company initiatives.
- Provide timely customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Communicate technical information and critical processes to the project team.
- Manage the daily operations by planning the use of materials, floor space, and resources while also considering other needs within and across the business unit.
- Support the quoting team by giving input on concepts, hours, and material costs.
- Establish and maintain a team work culture plant wide through leadership, experience, positive attitude, encouragement, and training.
- Review performance data to measure productivity, efficiency, and utilization to determine areas that need improvement.
- Drive process improvements in the organization and work area to optimize efficiency.
- Create, train, and audit production standards.
- Set employee expectations, provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to insure employees meet company expectations as needed and during formal performance reviews.
- Develop the Machine Build department through leadership, mentoring, and training.
- Demonstrate a commitment to upholding the highest standards of safety, on time delivery, and quality of our products.
- Address current and future staffing needs along with driving the process for filling open positions with both FTE and contract personnel.
- Conduct build team meetings to keep the team informed of workload, hours, and company policy updates.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma, or equivalent certification
- Related vocational education or Journeyman Certificate preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate Excel.
- Proficient in reading part and assembly drawings.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality.
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives with varying priorities.
- Experience in giving presentations to large groups.
- Proven ability to accept and give direction, set expectations, and hold team members accountable to meet timing, budget, and customer expectations.
- 1-3 years’ experience providing mentorship.
- Ability to maintain a steady pace while bending, kneeling, climbing ladders, and climbing onto and beneath machines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required.
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (Fork Lift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license, along with Lock Out Tag Out training, while employed at Setpoint.
- Travel at least 20% of the time may be required. This may include domestic and international travel depending on the project.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!