Meet our Team
As the Global IT Technology Business Manager, you will lead a team of 5 globally distributed members responsible for the Hitachi Vantara Global IT team's financial planning, forecasting, and procurement activities supported by our technology business management platform, Apptio. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Manage the administration and configuration of our TBM platform (Apptio) to support the organization's financial and operational planning needs.
- Guide the analysis of hardware, software, and labor contracts, agreements, quotes, and statements of work while validating budget sourcing and approvals.
- Oversee the purchase requisition process for IT to support day-to-day business operations of Global IT.
- Partner with our finance team to ensure consistent and accurate cost center allocation, GL account coding, and CapEx/OpEx rule adherence.
- Collaborate with corporate procurement team to ensure updates to our contract management database, affording timely tracking of renewals and / or terminations of agreements.
- Work closely with vendors to facilitate invoice and payment reconciliation as well as to escalate and help resolve sourcing issues.
- Identify, analyze, and present to upper management opportunities for savings, efficiencies, and automation of current processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Technology strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in management of IT sourcing or IT financial management & analysis.
- 2+ years of Apptio application administration or power/super user experience.
- Proficient in MS Excel in applied financial settings
- Deep knowledge of IT services and financial management processes such as budgeting, cost allocation, capital and operating expense handling, and cost accounting.
- Strong understanding of hardware, software, and labor agreements including knowledge of business software licensing.
- Experience in Oracle ERP financial systems, ServiceNow ticketing system, and end-to-end Procure-to-Pay processes.
"For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $110,000 - $130,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions." Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge