Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and What you'll be doing
As a Senior Writer and Digital Editor, you will take detailed and complex content and transform it into sticky and compelling narratives and copy blocks for websites, emails, newsletters, and digital content. You understand technology audiences (IT, data solutions, cloud, infrastructure) and know how to connect with the people behind their titles with language that is bold yet personal, without the marketing mumbo-jumbo. What you bring to the team
**Please include a link to your portfolio/work samples in your submission**.
- Create headlines, short and sometimes long-form copy to capture the attention of the (mostly: IT) audience - for websites, emails and newsletters, social media platforms, and more.
- Copy-edit short and longer-form content pieces for quality, accuracy, and speed.
- Research industry-related and trending topics.
- Use appropriate SEO techniques to ensure ranking.
- Effectively manage your time to meet deadlines, working on multiple projects at once.
- Seek out and use performance data to inform writing.
- Take and implement feedback in a constructive manner.
- 6+ years experience in a writing, creative strategy, content strategy, or editorial role
- 3+ years experience as a copywriter or copyeditor
- 2+ years hands-on experience in the B2B IT market (especially cloud and data technology)
- Experience transforming technical, abstract problems into compelling content
- Creativity and Curiosity
- Command of AP style, and solid grammar skills.
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledgeable about digital media and using them for storytelling
- Nice to have: Experience with content management systems
For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $85,000 - $121,000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge