The Build Manager is a highly disciplined position focused on creating a lean, efficient and high-quality team. This leader is responsible to implement the company’s vision, mission and long-term goals within the organization.
The goal is to ensure the manufacturing team is producing high quality, cost effective systems that meet customer timing. This position is responsible for day to day leadership of all skilled trades and build leaders. This position requires a mindset towards continual improvement and a knowledge and adherence to lean manufacturing principles.
This position is for a leader capable of creating a loyal following and a high-performance culture. They are responsible for complete leadership of plant floor build activities.
This position is responsible for the following functions:
- Skilled trades & Build Leader management
- Floor Space Management
- Personnel Development, Teaching and Mentoring
- Quality Process Implementation and Improvement
- Creation of highly efficient build processes
- Direct supervision of the Build Team and other staff.
- Work cross functionally with all departments.
- Plan, direct, organize and control the build process and related costs.
- Ensure that changes and problems get documented and communicated.
- Support project managers with customer service, runoffs, planning, and status reporting. The Build Manager may be required to assume some responsibilities of the Project Manager on an as needed basis.
- Strive to achieve the highest level of performance from team members as it relates to their individual ability.
- Promote training and the use of the 3 build development modules.
- Support, promote, and execute company initiatives.
- Provide timely customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Communicate technical information and critical processes to the project team.
- Manage the daily operations by planning the use of materials, floor space, and resources while also considering other needs within and across the business unit.
- Support the quoting team by giving input on concepts, hours, and material costs.
- Establish and maintain a teamwork culture plant wide through leadership, experience, positive attitude, encouragement, and training.
- Set employee expectations, provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to insure employees meet company expectations as needed and during formal performance reviews.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Fabrication & Machining equipment including functionality, maintenance and reliability
- Develop the Fabrication & Machining department through leadership, mentoring, and training.
- Develop tool building expertise amongst the Mfg Build Leads and Builders with regard to General Assembly fixtures and lift assists
- Demonstrate a commitment to upholding the highest standards of safety, on time delivery, and quality of our products.
- Address current and future staffing needs along with participating in the interviewing process.
- Conduct team meetings to keep the team informed of workload, hours, and company policy updates.
- Champion continuous improvement activities and mentor team leaders in the use of lean philosophy and tools.
- Continuously analyze the assigned area of responsibility for improved methods of production, tool design, communication, reporting and cost controls; make recommendations to manager for improvements
Additional Responsibilities for High Volume Team Members:
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means all-inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
- Facilitate general problem-solving activities with the intent of determining corrective and preventative actions
- Understand and positively impact key measures. Balance quality safety, cost, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- High school diploma, or equivalent certification
- Related vocational education or Journeyman Certificate preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate Excel.
- Proficient in reading part and assembly drawings.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality.
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives with varying priorities.
- Experience in giving presentations to large groups.
- Proven ability to accept and give direction, set expectations, and hold team members accountable to meet timing, budget, and customer expectations.
- 1-3 years’ experience providing mentorship.
- Ability to maintain a steady pace while bending, kneeling, climbing ladders, and climbing onto and beneath machines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required.
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (Forklift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license, along with Lock Out Tag Out training, while employed at JR.
- Travel at least 20% of the time may be required. This may include domestic and international travel depending on the project.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
ComeThink. Solve. Create. With Us!