Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What You'll Be Doing
You will build end to end solution constructs helping customers address their problems in areas of data modernization and monetization. You will also build an enterprise wide solution strategy integrating different transactional systems, analytical platforms, master data management solutions, data governance policies and business rules, data pipelines and large-scale data migration. What You Bring To The Team The Role:
We are seeking Principal Consultants to lead and manage industrial process optimization engagements. Engagements focus on optimization of customer industrial processes through application of IoT, edge computing and backhaul, cloud-native data lake, agile analytics, and data ops in Amazon Web Services. The ideal contributor will have a strong hands-on engineering background coupled with professional services delivery experience and a track record for partnering closely with customer teams to deliver successful engagements on-time and in-budget. Responsibilities:
- Vision to partner with customers on roadmap and liaise with sales and delivery teams to distill customer needs to actionable proposals and statements of work
- Ability to identify and articulate sources of customer value from data & advanced analytics. Ability to create roadmaps and decompose phases and steps to realize value.
- Strong complex process, workflow, and business system requirements capture, decomposition, solutions integration, and cross-team management capabilities.
- Ability to write high-level agile stories based on customer needs and break them down into actionable technical tasks for contributors
- Experience managing and supporting technical contributors
- Ability to work closely with customer teams and communicate effectively about scope, schedule, resources trade-offs
- Experience creating deliverables that articulate business value of technical work
- Strong background in commercial-grade software development with Java, Python, SQL
- Hands-on experience developing advanced analytics in SQL, R, Spark or similar tools
- Experience with AWS architectures, development, and deployment. AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional desired. AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate required.
- Strong experience with middle-tier web services systems decomposition, definition, and development (REST APIs)
- Ability to work across all layers of an application, from back-end databases through UI
- Proficient with SQL databases and knowledge of standard methodologies
- Experience with enterprise-scale data warehouse technologies (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Data Warehouse, Vertica, Redshift)
- Good working knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Experience managing applications in AWS and familiarity with core services including EC2, S3, RDS, etc.
- Experience with deployment automation tools like Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Exposure to networking & load balancing solutions
- Ability to work with development teams to deliver high-quality
- Agile / Scrum development methodology
- Technical system decomposition, architecture, design, and specification
- Excellent documentation habits
- Work closely with customers to ensure successful delivery
- Manage matrixed engineering resources allocated to engagement delivery teams
- Contribute to and manage technical delivery
- Front End Application Development (Application Views & Controller)
REST API design and development
- Domain Entity and Behavior Modeling, Design, and Implementation
- 3rd-party application, service and data integration
- Data Management, Mapping, Translation & Persistence
- Large-scale Data Management & Workflow
- Analytic development and automation
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is: $120k-$155k + Bonus+ Benefits
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is
founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge